No announcement yet.

Early RPI Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Until Evansville lost to Butler today, they were around #11 in the RPI. I knew there was an unexpected school at #1 in the RPI. I went and checked and it is - Butler! Evansville is now #6.

So, if Texas Tech (rpi 121) beat Evansville would that be a minor upset, a major upset, or an expected 20 point blowout?
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan
      WSU was at #212 and Sienna was at about #22. I guess that's why Paul S. called our win a "mild upset" in the paper. He thinks when #212 beats #22 that it is a "mild upset". I call it a "MAJOR UPSET".
      Ignore the RPI until January.

It was a mild upset because of what Siena did last year and were expected to do this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
        Until Evansville lost to Butler today, they were around #11 in the RPI. I knew there was an unexpected school at #1 in the RPI. I went and checked and it is - Butler! Evansville is now #6.

So, if Texas Tech (rpi 121) beat Evansville would that be a minor upset, a major upset, or an expected 20 point blowout?
        That's about the only time Evansville will ever be able to say that they were #6. They can't even say that in the league standings ever. I guess if they were to move to D-II, they may have a chance there.

And I'm thinking something like that 167-115 games TTU played earlier last week. Only I don't think EU could score that many points.

Comment

Wow look at Illinois State's schedule. No wonder they have there 331st in SOS. There toughest game is Wright State.

Comment

When they go 9-0 it won't be same as when the Shock's did it. 9-0 against several good teams didn't do us any good, but I think the Redbirds will be tough in the Valley.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02
              Wow look at Illinois State's schedule. No wonder they have there 331st in SOS. There toughest game is Wright State.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_298_Men.html
              Now you know why Elgin is thinking about bring back that SOS rule. 8) :posterwu:
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                Originally posted by calfan
                WSU was at #212 and Sienna was at about #22. I guess that's why Paul S. called our win a "mild upset" in the paper. He thinks when #212 beats #22 that it is a "mild upset". I call it a "MAJOR UPSET".
                Ignore the RPI until January.

It was a mild upset because of what Siena did last year and were expected to do this year.
                I agree with Royal. Not sure how much these early RPI numbers mean.

How can Butler be #1 ahead of Gonzaga?

Comment

Today the Valley moved up to 8th in the Conference RPI. We we're 9th yesterday, and just last week we we're 16th overall.

Comment

Today the valley is still 8th and we are at 86th.
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                      What you are seeing is the Pomeroy ratings.

In the RPI, the MVC is 9th and WSU is 179.

I've always liked Pomeroy better.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                        Originally posted by newshock1234
                        What you are seeing is the Pomeroy ratings.

In the RPI, the MVC is 9th and WSU is 179.

I've always liked Pomeroy better.
                        opps my bad
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Great news for the Valley tonight. With Indiana State winning there first game against top 50 rpi lamar they moved up almost a 100 spots in the rpi.

As a conference we jumped from 10th to 8th.

Comment

Working...
                          X