No announcement yet.

BLACK AND GOLD FRIDAY--THE SHOCKS GO MARCHING IN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there's one thing we're learning about this team, it's that they don't know how to quit. All three of our wins have come at the hands of much-improved 2nd-halves.

If these guys can just get their pieces fitting together and eliminate the fundamental mistakes, I think we could finish in the top 5 of the MVC.

Comment

These games are invaluable. Coach needed a quality win and a big boost. We are far from done. Royal mentioned on another thread how we seem to thus far be more of a 2nd half team. Wait until we play 40 minutes of basketball.
      Yikes!!!!!!!
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

what recruit was hcgm talkin about in the press conference? he said something about a 3/4

Comment

Originally posted by shocker0624
          what recruit was hcgm talkin about in the press conference? he said something about a 3/4
          He was talking about Sienna's 6'6" Edwin Ubiles as the kind of player he would like to find for the Shockers.

Comment

Coach just said if we hafta play OSU on Sunday we are gunna need a grand slam sometime during the game so he is sending Clint McKeaver a plane ticket...

Comment

Coach sounded VERY happy with the win. Joked about getting McKeever down there for a big GRAND SLAM.
              First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

No specific player. Just a type that would be tall & long at the point of a press / zone that can also score the ball.

The McKeever comment was pretty good.

Comment

I just hope we come out tomorrow and come back to Wichita with this same attitude and good play that we have done the past two days. We are climbing the mountain but we don't want to fall back down. I don't care what team we play tomorrow both of them have big implications for the shockers. I am excited to see what this team can do this season.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
                  Shocker Forever!!

Comment

The Georgetown versus Tennessee will be an all out war and mug-fest.

Reply #23=Toure' Murry=#23 and has ice-cubes in his veins

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerWheelSU
                      I just hope we come out tomorrow and come back to Wichita with this same attitude and good play that we have done the past two days. We are climbing the mountain but we don't want to fall back down. I don't care what team we play tomorrow both of them have big implications for the shockers. I am excited to see what this team can do this season.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
                      I believe we have Saturday off and don't play until Sunday. Coach did say that if we wound up playing OK State, we would have traveled all the way to Florida to play a team that's 2 hours down the road. Oh, well. Whomever we play on Sunday, I just want us to come out with intensity, defend well, get all our shots to drop, no turnovers, no stupid fouls -- um, anything else -- Oh yeah -- and WIN.

Realistically, I just want us to play well and keep the score differential in single digits (of course, if we are leading, then the difference can go to double digits without complaint). We are still a very young team and need lots of baby steps. Giant leaps once in awhile would be nice, but not expected.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                        The Georgetown versus Tennessee will be an all out war and mug-fest.

Reply #23=Toure' Murry=#23 and has ice-cubes in his veins
                        No defense in that one so far....not much to speak of offensively either.

Up and down.....madness.....nice to see that Tennessee can't seem to control tempo like we can. :D

Comment

Needless to say, everyone needs to wish Siena the best going forward.....particularly when the travel to Lawrence, Ks. :D

Comment

What a difference a half makes in this game of basketball. What a gut-wrenching, coyote ugly, soul lifting win today. We went out there and :shock: somebody. We will take it!!! :lol:

1st half--Shockers can't shoot a lick, not gettin back on D, while folk are regurgitating yesterdays turkey. Acid reflex personified !!! Yikes!!! Tum tum tum TUMS!!!!!!! :-x :cry:

2nd half---Shocks shoot lites out and we contain the Saints #23 to a mild roar. Pass the punkin pie and whipped creme. Shocker fans are getting hungry for more than a moral victory. We have suffered more than our fair share of close losses. Now it is our turn to get some breaks. :drum:

Game over---Coach is elated, we get a very nice and needed win and prove the critics wrong. :whistle: Now we are saying---"yup yup yup---we never doubted it. :roll: THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT!!!!!!! :clap: :poster_ramon:

Comment

There are a few good pictures on the ESPN site from the game today.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

Thanks ShockBaller. It was encouraging to see Hannah have such a big 2nd half. Ellis is regaining some confidence. Ramon is leading us with hustle and consistant playing each game. His hard work is paying off. Toure' looked like a vetern player down the stretch. It is not every game that a team can be behind predominatly through the game and pull out the :shock: Shocker at the end. I'm glad JT made that 2nd free-throw with around 4 seconds. Toure' (I think it was him) was close by when their player missed that last chip shot and I was glad that he missed and that #23 did NOT foul him!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X