No announcement yet.

WSU vs Georgetown Matchups/Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our 4's right now are like the Dennis Rodman of the mid 90's: lots of defense, great on the boards, and points are a bonus.

As we saw in the Centenary game, our offense can be pumping right along without many baskets from Ramon.

I'm afraid if we want to win this game, however, we're going to have to rely on the modern day great equalizer: the 3pt shot. I'm not sure how Monroe's defense is, but I'm willing to bet the same feed-it-to-Stutz well we drank so heavily from last game will be dry against Georgetown.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl
      Our 4's right now are like the Dennis Rodman of the mid 90's: lots of defense, great on the boards, and points are a bonus.

As we saw in the Centenary game, our offense can be pumping right along without many baskets from Ramon.

I'm afraid if we want to win this game, however, we're going to have to rely on the modern day great equalizer: the 3pt shot. I'm not sure how Monroe's defense is, but I'm willing to bet the same feed-it-to-Stutz well we drank so heavily from last game will be dry against Georgetown.
      Our best bet is to pound it inside early and make Monroe play D and force him to stop us without fouling. Getting him in foul trouble would be huge. And the earlier the better. If he proves to be able to stop Stutz without fouling then we'll have to rely more on our guards shooting. At least this year we have guards that can shoot.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
        Originally posted by rjl

Our best bet is to pound it inside early and make Monroe play D and force him to stop us without fouling. Getting him in foul trouble would be huge. And the earlier the better. If he proves to be able to stop Stutz without fouling then we'll have to rely more on our guards shooting. At least this year we have guards that can shoot.

I agree we must be agressive get the ball to Stutz and JT. We really need to get GU into foul trouble early :posterwsu: 8)
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

As I sit here thinking about it....

I think we are going to see a breakout game from JT off the bench in this one. Here are my reasons.

1) Monroe and Stutz are both freshmen, prone to freshmen mistakes. JT has the advantage of playing against a big 7 footer every day in practice, and we saw at Shocker Madness how good he is at getting his shot off against Stutz. Monroe likely has not had a center that has that sort of practice experience combined with the offensive moves needed.

2) I think JT wants his starting job back. On defense he has been putting out more effort, and I think the challenge of going up against Monroe will provide just the motivation needed to shut him down. Look for JT to be VERY physical in this game. This may result in a few unnecessary fouls, but I think it could potentially rattle Monroe.

3) JT has a year of experience on Monroe, just the wisdom of knowing what it feels like to get knocked down and what it takes to get back up should help him. JT won't punish himself unnecessarily if Monroe makes a basket. Monroe will get his, but JT will continue to dig and fight on both ends, something Monroe hasn't likely seen yet.

4) I think interior passing is going to be key in this game. I suspect the low opponent shooting percentage from the lane has been from good help defense and Georgetown's natural height advantage. With that in mind, good interior passing to create easy layups will be what gives us confidence and the chance to win.
          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

I think that we are going to need a big game out of Graham. We will need his size to guard the perimeter, and we will need his three point shooting to open up the middle.

Comment

Will he be quick enough to stay with the athletic Hoyas? I think we will see if Hatch has enough BB IQ to be effective this year.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Here is their breakdown

Comment

Not a bad breakdown.
                  Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                    Ouch. Marshall is 13-21 at WSU

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02
                      Originally posted by KC Shox
                      Ouch. Marshall is 13-21 at WSU
                      Well, last year he was 11-20 here... so I believe the math is correct.

:D
                      SFL is back!

Comment

It sounds as though Greg Monroe is quite the shot blocker and rebounder. Stutz and Durley may do some head and shoulder fakes and go up strong. Come on Ramon---go get more rebounds then Monroe!!!
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                        X