Gerry Pollard makes nice with HCGM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerry Pollard makes nice with HCGM

Did anybody else notice Pollard working HCGM just before the Anthem. Looked like he was trying real hard to put the past (final T in the Lou) behind both them. Like to have had a bug in that conversation, didn't look like HCGM was very warm to the interlude, but all I could see was his back.

Hey Shockref, any insight and do you think it was by design that the league would set this up early to get it out of the way? Think we'll see JD anytime soon or is too big time now?
    :wsu_posters:

officials are taught when they start not to hold grudges against coaches they have to T up. Every game is a new game and coaches and players always get a fresh start. Coaches are held to the same standard, they are supposed to treat officials as if every game is a new start. If it is really true that Mr. Pollard was trying to let bygones be bygones and Coach Marshall was giving him the cold shoulder, then I have lost a lot of respect for HCGM. However, I don't know what really happened before the game tonight since I didn't see it. I hope we have a classier coach than this though.

Comment

ARE YOU SERIOUS???

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas
        If it is really true that Mr. Pollard was trying to let bygones be bygones and Coach Marshall was giving him the cold shoulder, then I have lost a lot of respect for HCGM.
        Actually from my perspective it was the other way around. Marshall was trying to let bygones be bygones, but Pollard was giving him the cold shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas
          officials are taught when they start not to hold grudges against coaches they have to T up. Every game is a new game and coaches and players always get a fresh start.
          And you know not all officials practice this.

And not every game is a fresh start. You're also taught as an official that if you've had issues with a coach/player in the past that you want to keep an eye on them now. You don't hunt, but you're aware.

Even if Marshall was a little cold with him I wouldn't blame him. T's for nothing would be hard to let go
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

You can be assured there were many discussions between the league and WSU concerning last years STL debacle. There were conversations taking place DURING the tournament.
            Good officials let the 'T' factor go as soon as possible. If not, it will show through and affect future game assignments. It's really not hard to detect and those who are watching know what to look for.
            Gerry Pollard is a good guy and very personable. He would be a good choice to approach GM and mend fences. I'm sure GM appreciated the gesture and the professionalism of all involved will rise above everything. 8)
            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Bygones...
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Gotta believe that GM has been around the coaching wars long enough to know that outwardly displaying a grudge against a referee is certainly not beneficial to himself nor to his team.

Comment

Working...
                X