SIU vs. UCLA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIU vs. UCLA

Just checked the current box score and it looks like SIU is hanging with the Bruins, 30-34.

However, with 2+ to play in the 1st, Boyle has 4 fouls and Evans 2. Both centers in foul trouble early. Same problem as the Duke game.

And Booker with 2 PF. UCLA in the double-bonus.

Comment

77-60 UCLA.

Hell, anybody could go onto a neutral court and get blown out by two Top 5 opponents. We could have did the same thing.

Not a good tourney for the Valley.

Either SIU is just gonna be a mediocre team this year or the Valley is gonna be another one-bid conference.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I think Lowery understands his team. He said after the Duke loss that they played a good high school game (32 minutes). They did the same tonight. Therefore, I think SIU is a good high school team. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
          77-60 UCLA.

Hell, anybody could go onto a neutral court and get blown out by two Top 5 opponents. We could have did the same thing.

Either SIU is just gonna be a mediocre team this year or the Valley is gonna be another one-bid conference.
          Fever, you're either blind, blinded by your hate of SIU or you didn't watch either game.

SIU is going to be really, really good. Probably this year. They have more than enough talent to compete for and win the Valley this season. The played toe to toe with the 4 & 5 rated teams in the country for 30+ minutes the last 2 games and just got toasted late. No reason at all to think they won't get that figured out. Creighton had better stop reading all the press clippings about how they are going to run over the Valley....SIU would beat their tales right now.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
            77-60 UCLA.

Fever, you're either blind, blinded by your hate of SIU or you didn't watch either game.

SIU is going to be really, really good. Probably this year. They have more than enough talent to compete for and win the Valley this season. The played toe to toe with the 4 & 5 rated teams in the country for 30+ minutes the last 2 games and just got toasted late. No reason at all to think they won't get that figured out. Creighton had better stop reading all the press clippings about how they are going to run over the Valley....SIU would beat their tales right now.
            Negative, after my most recent eye test, albeit several years ago, I was given a 20/20.

Incorrect, I hate SIU, but not in non-con play.

Wrong, I watched both games from start to finish, which was pretty bad on my eyesight with all the ugliness seen.

As Royal eluded to, college basketball is a 40 minute game. If this was a high school contest, I would have admired SIU's effort. But that's not the case. Two back-to-back blowouts doesn't impress me all that much, especially when I consider Duke and UCLA to be slightly overrated as is.

SIU will be good in a year or two. I'll give you that. They showed signs of decency. If there's any consolation to your argument, it's the fact that we won't have refs calling games like that in our league, or SIU would never be able to play their defense again.

I do agree about CU. Their rebounding blows and will probably eventually catch up to them. I think all of this opens the door for Illinois State, NOT SIU. But that remains to be seen.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Shox would have been down 20 by half in each of these games.

Comment

77-60 UCLA.

Tails. <giggles>

Comment

RDR, I was refering to the tall tales their fans have told regarding the superiority of their beloved Jays. :whistle:

Comment

77-60 UCLA.

Wu, moral victories are worthless. So what if SIU hung with Duke and UCLA, big deal, they got beat by double digits in both games. SIU will be very good, compared to other MVC teams. The MVC sucks this year....again.

Comment

Working...
                    X