Sean Ogirri Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean Ogirri Update

This is for those who, like me, are interested in Sean's progress as a person as well as player. If you have no interest, you certainly are not required to read this note:

I hear from a friend that Sean is extremely happy at Wyoming and has an excellent relationship with the coaching staff. It sounds like maybe he and the coaching staff simply relate better then he and the Shocker staff did last year.

He also appears to feel very comfortable with his teammates and has become good friends with Brad Jones.

He is concentrating on the books and they are working hard with him to improve his footwork on the court.

Sean appears to have gained some maturity over the summer and is more ready to do the things he needs to do. He says there is little to do there except go to class and work on his basketball skills.

He is confident that the new coaching staff will bring some real improvement to the program.

I for one continue to hope that Sean will overcome the problems he faced last year.

He has my best wishes.

Good Luck to Sean.
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Thanks Mike. Sean is a nice kid from a great family who, like so many kids, became misguided of late.

It would appear that he is getting his priorities in line and focusing on the important aspects of his life.

I wish him nothing but the best and will follow the remaining years of his career with interest.

Good luck Sean.

Comment

Many of us said all along that we hoped a change of scenery would help Sean sort out his life, and I certainly continue to hope that is true.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Thanks Mike for the update. Updates at any time you hear about Sean would be much appreciated.

Comment

When Sean was good, he was beautiful.

And when he fell, he fell hard.

It's good to hear he's back on the right track. I'm glad we won't have to play against him this year when Wyoming comes to town.
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl

It's good to hear he's back on the right track. I'm glad we won't have to play against him this year when Wyoming comes to town.
              I agree on all points, although watching Sean and PJ go at each other would be well worth the price of admission.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Thanks Mike, and keep the updates coming. I only hope the best for Sean. I loved him as a Shocker, and certainly understand that sometimes it's best to have a change.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                  Originally posted by rjl

I agree on all points, although watching Sean and PJ go at each other would be well worth the price of admission.
                  my $$$'s on PJ!
                  That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I hope we get more.

At the time SO left WSU I really hated to see it happen.

In looking back on the situation, I think it was best for SO to leave Wichita. Things happened to SO. If SO knew then what he knows now, he probably would have avoided some people who were hanging on to his celebrity and status in the community.

Sometimes college-age guys end up in situations they couldn't have predicted and end up following a path they hadn't intended to go down. It happened to Kyle Wilson at Illinois - he wasn't comfortable there and needed a change.

I'm glad SO had the opportunity to change paths. Unfortunately that involved SO's leaving Wichita. I wish Sean nothing but the best. I think he learned from some things that look like mistakes now, but didn't at the time he encountered those situations.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                      Thanks for the update. I hope we get more.

At the time SO left WSU I really hated to see it happen.

In looking back on the situation, I think it was best for SO to leave Wichita. Things happened to SO. If SO knew then what he knows now, he probably would have avoided some people who were hanging on to his celebrity and status in the community.

Sometimes college-age guys end up in situations they couldn't have predicted and end up following a path they hadn't intended to go down. It happened to Kyle Wilson at Illinois - he wasn't comfortable there and needed a change.

I'm glad SO had the opportunity to change paths. Unfortunately that involved SO's leaving Wichita. I wish Sean nothing but the best. I think he learned from some things that look like mistakes now, but didn't at the time he encountered those situations.
                      I know that the times I talked to Sean, he was so pleasant and very well spoken. He made mistakes while here. Not too many of us can say we didn't make mistakes at that age.

Knowing some people who are close to Sean helps too. I know some about what went on and can only say that Sean is one of many who have made similar mistakes and thankfully, many grow past those things. Some don't, but I fully expect Sean to make it in great shape.

He has the advantage of some really special family members who will be there to help him as well.

Comment

Im glad to hear hes doing good and was sad to see him leave.

Comment

Working...
                        X