New intro song...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New intro song...

What do you all think of the new intro song when the team comes out? I know the song itself is far from new (and not one of my favorites) but new to the situation I suppose.

Personally, as old as the other one was getting to be, it was more exciting than the new one. Also--I thought the cheerleaders were supposed to run out just seconds (like 2 or 3) before the team with the flags? The last couple of times they come out way early--before the intro video on the score board.

I'd almost rather go back to the old song, but surely there's something new that's more hip than that overplayed one (even the band plays it!) they're using.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Start Me Up! :good: :good:

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

A newer song -- Let's Get It Started by the Black-eyed Peas

Comment

This topic comes up at least once every season.

It must be a copyright issue. That's the only reasonable explanation I can come up with for the use of tired, old, clapped-out music when the team takes the floor: the going rate for legal use of songs like we're using will eventually, over time and turnip squeezing, fall to the point where it's feasible for WSU to use it because no one else is buying anymore.

If not, since instrumental is always the way to go, something like this would be far superior:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

It's a decline from last year. Last year's song, 2 Unlimited, had much more energy and for some reason just sounded louder through the speakers.

The new song just doesn't seem to pump the crowd up as much as the old one. The energy just isn't there in the music and it shows in the crowd...
          Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
          Students > Alumni
          If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
          The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Here's my vote:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Go Shocks!!!!
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Wham would intill fear in our opponents & get our team pumped up!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla
                A newer song -- Let's Get It Started by the Black-eyed Peas
                Please tell me that isn't the new song or will ever be.

They need something with distorted guitars and a heavy beat that is either a timeless classic or reasonbly current.

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
                  It's a decline from last year. Last year's song, 2 Unlimited, had much more energy and for some reason just sounded louder through the speakers.

The new song just doesn't seem to pump the crowd up as much as the old one. The energy just isn't there in the music and it shows in the crowd...
                  That's exactly what I was thinking--the new song has no energy, and quite frankly is way over played at virtually every sporting event (football, etc.) around right now.

While last year's song was tiresome just because it's been the song for probably the entire Koch Arena tenure, it was lots better. You want to pump people up, not bore them to death.

Comment

Just imagine the shocker cheerleaders doing the dance at the beginning.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock
                      Here's my vote:

Go Shocks!!!!
                      That's just disturbing!
                      "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

The Zshare file hosting providing website had been shut down many few years ago. The new zShare website is a news blog that publishes the latest trending news on the web. So what happened to the old Zshare? As the new owner of the domain zshare.net, I honestly don’t know. The domain had not been

or

The Zshare file hosting providing website had been shut down many few years ago. The new zShare website is a news blog that publishes the latest trending news on the web. So what happened to the old Zshare? As the new owner of the domain zshare.net, I honestly don’t know. The domain had not been

or

Artist : RJD2 - Album : Since we last spokeThe samples behind : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j48dsBxlZGsBetter quality version of the video here : http://...

Comment

The way this season is going "Crazy Train" by Ozzie
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Strangely enough, I don't think they played anything tonight when they came out! Or--at least it was so soft I didn't hear it.

Weird. I'd rather have the old one (which they played during the game) than nothing or that new one.

Comment

The Lord's greatest song ever!!!iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/album/kernkraft-400-ep/id129611454Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SE6CB0/ref=dm_...

Always gets the crowds going!
                              The Assman

Comment

Working...
                              X