MVC exhibition 11/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC exhibition 11/6

SIU in a dogfight (no pun intended) right now against top 10 Div II squad Southwest Baptist....

SIU - 66
    SBU - 55

8:14 remaining

SIU shooting 50% from the field but only 1-7 from 3pt.
    SIU has a 5 rebound advantage right now 32-27
    Looks like they have fixed some of their turnover issues as they only have 10 turnovers so far

Carlton Fay and Anthony Booker are leading the Salukis in scoring with 11 each.

Ryan Hare (their "super shooting newcomer") is playing his first game tonight as he had to sit out the first exhibition for disciplinary reasons. He only has 3 points right now. He's 0-3 from the floor but 3-4 from FT line.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

How many kidneys has Mullins bruised? Do they have a stat for that?
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. John Wooden

Comment

Sounds like SBU is getting hosed by the refs (big surprise in Carbonslum)..

It was an 8 point game until the SBU coach was called for back-to-back technicals. Their radio announcer is irate. That has promptly made it a double-digit lead for SIU for the first time in the game.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shocrates
        How many kidneys has Mullins bruised? Do they have a stat for that?
        LOL probably quite a few now. Cause the ugly dogs are starting to pull away.

SIU - 68
        SBU - 55
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

SIU is doing horrible at the 3 point line. Only 1-8 for 12.5%. Not doing well at the FT line either really, although they have been there a bunch. 23-34 for 67.6%

Mullins starting to take over some now...has 12 points.

SIU - 70
          SBU - 55

6:43 left

Comment

SBU made it interesting getting within 6 points of the Saluki's after SIU turned it over on 3-4 straight possesions.

SIU - 87
            SBU - 79

Final

Seems as though SIU shoots pretty good midrange making 25-43 shots inside the arc for 58%. But only shot 1-9 from 3 point for 11.1%. They were 34-51 from FT for 66.7%. Saluki's had 43 bench points and had 5 players in double figures. After only having 10 turnovers in the first 30 mins of the game they ended the game with 18 turnovers.

Comment

Wow.. what a barnburner!!!

Defense gets a big :good:
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

up next for the Valley:

Sat, Nov. 8th

Indiana St vs Albion(Mich.)(ex) @ 7pm

Evansville vs Earlham (ex.) @ 7:05pm

Comment

What the hell is an Earlham?
                  Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane
                    What the hell is an Earlham?
                    Probably the same thing an Emporia is to the rest of the outside world.. :)
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Emporia at least has "State" in its name.

I've got to go along with all the posters on SalukiTalk. They're not going to miss Josh Bone a bit. They've got plenty of other players who can shoot from 3. They never needed him this year.

For those of you who have trouble identifying sarcasm, Josh Bone was SIU's best 3-point threat. Was. He left the team after he found out he wasn't going to get many minutes because SIU didn't need him with all the talent they brought in this year.

If SIU is giving up 70+points to a D2 team - even in an exhibition that's really a practice session, then the SIU D seems to be MIA right now.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Founded in 1847 by the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), Earlham College is an independent, four-year, coeducational, residential institution of higher learning.
                        Richmond, Indiana

Comment

I was recruited to play football at Earlham "The Earthquakers" College. They're a lot like Friends U.
                          "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

Actually, I've officiated there many times.
                            Earlham is in eastern Indiana, just a few miles from the Ohio border. It has a beautiful campus and really nice facilities. They treat us very well and you won't meet nicer people.
                            They usually have a decent D-3 team, but UE shouldn't have much trouble. 8)
                            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef
                              Actually, I've officiated there many times.
                              Earlham is in eastern Indiana, just a few miles from the Ohio border. It has a beautiful campus and really nice facilities. They treat us very well and you won't meet nicer people.
                              They usually have a decent D-3 team, but UE shouldn't have much trouble. 8)
                              A D3 team ShockRef? With your comportment around here I would have thought you only refereed Final Fours and BCS tournaments???!!! ;-)

T

...8)

Comment

Working...
                              X