No announcement yet.

Basketball Media Day 11/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After reading the transcript, that actually sounded fairly positive. It seems that this year's team is picking up the system a little quicker than last year's team. I don't think the team had 70% of the system working at this time last year.

It's interesting to see that Hatch is getting consideration at the 3. I think of a 3 as a guy who has some range and can drive to the hoop. Hatch doesn't seem likely to put the ball on the floor and get to the hoop. We might see some true 3-guard sets with 3 3-pt. threats spreading the D and looking to pass to Durley or Stutz on the block. Interesting.

I thought the comments about Stutz were encouraging.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Hatch actually put the ball on the floor a couple of times to get inside last year. By all accounts he's quicker and in better shape now. I don't expect him to be an explosive wing, but with his size, touch and basketball IQ I think he could be effective and be more than just a pure shooter.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
        After reading the transcript, that actually sounded fairly positive. It seems that this year's team is picking up the system a little quicker than last year's team. I don't think the team had 70% of the system working at this time last year.

It's interesting to see that Hatch is getting consideration at the 3. I think of a 3 as a guy who has some range and can drive to the hoop. Hatch doesn't seem likely to put the ball on the floor and get to the hoop. We might see some true 3-guard sets with 3 3-pt. threats spreading the D and looking to pass to Durley or Stutz on the block. Interesting.

I thought the comments about Stutz were encouraging.
        I think are lot of us are selling Hatch short. I doubt if Marshall would have had Hatch return if he didn't see some promise there. Hatch was one of our better 3-shooters last year even thou he had a lot of rust and was nowhere near playing shape after 2 years on a Mormon mission. Under ideal condition we would have sat him a year. Last year was anything but ideal. This year he is even more focused, more athletic, and is retaining his shooting touch. Why the hate on Hatch?

Comment

For me, Hatch has always been a talented player with limited D-1 athleticism. I have always seen him as a guy that earns 5-10 minutes a game as an upperclassman. If he is better than that - BONUS!
          Livin the dream

Comment

I remember Hatch's HS coach talking about him being a good defensive player.
            If Graham can demonstrate D1 defensive skills he will be a prime contributor on this team.
            Don't be surprised if he starts reminding people of Jason Perez later into the season.
            "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
            which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerKhan
              I remember Hatch's HS coach talking about him being a good defensive player.
              If Graham can demonstrate D1 defensive skills he will be a prime contributor on this team.
              Don't be surprised if he starts reminding people of Jason Perez later into the season.

One of the bolder predictions of the preseason. I like the thought, but I think the only way that happens is if Graham happens to find Jason's uniform in the Hall of Fame and slips it on right after warmups.

Comment

Working...
              X