Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MVC exhibitions 11/3 (all games updated)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC exhibitions 11/3 (all games updated)

I'll update it with stories and box scores when they become available. I know it's just exhibition but I like reading about and disecting the games anyway. I'm a basketball junkie and until we see our Shox in action this gives me my fix LOL. I'll again post games of interest once the season officially starts also.

SIU def. Missouri Southern 82-59

-Carlton Fay led the charge against Missouri Southern with 17pts on 6-8 fgs and going 4-4 from the line. Here is the "fab frosh" lines from their first exhibition....

Kevin Dillard (started) - 12 pts (3/7fg), 5 reb, 3 asst, 8 to's (ouch), 33mins
    Anthony Booker - 9pts (4/9fg), 4 reb, 3 to's, 4 fouls, 15 mins
    Torres Roundtree - 7pts (3/5fg), 5 reb, 4 asst, 3 to's, 2 steals, 21 mins
    Nick Evans - 7pts (3/6fg), 11 rebs (wow!), 1 asst, 5 to's (ouch), 15 mins

SIU dominated the boards 57-23 but did commit 34 turnovers (although 20 of them were from the freshmen).

Bradley def Lewis 74-61

-Sam Maniscalco led Bradley in scoring with 18 pts on 5-12 shooting. Theron Wilson recorded a double double with 13pts and 11 boards in 23 mins. Bradley had 14 steals as a team and only turned the ball over 13 times. Lewis did outrebound Bradley by 2...45-43.

Missouri St def. Quincy 79-44

- Chris Cooks led Missouri State in scoring with 21pts making 8-12 fgs. Rebounds were very even with all but 3 players having 4 or more. Missouri St shot 44.4% from the field but only 28.6% from 3pt. They shot 77.3% from FT. Missouri St held Quicny to 33.3% shooting while outrebounding them 42-25.

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Updates are completed. Up next for the Valley....

UNI vs Dubuque (ex.) Tuesday 11/4 @ 7:05pm
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
      Updates are completed. Up next for the Valley....

UNI vs Dubuque (ex.) Tuesday 11/4 @ 7:05pm
      Nice scheduling by Panther officials.

First basketball game on...

ELECTION night.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Ha! Tonight I'd rather be watching a basketball game than listen to the media hype of Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox151
          Ha! Tonight I'd rather be watching a basketball game than listen to the media hype of Obama.
          That's a very good point! :good:
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Shox151
            Amen!
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I hope to be listening to a high school football playoff game, if it's on the radio.

Comment

Working...
              X