No announcement yet.

Match Ups Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Gabe Blair participate tomorrow, since it's not a game or an exhibition?

Comment

Good question Ed. I'm not sure where that falls...
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Blair

Isn't Blair injured, guys?

Comment

Re: Blair

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
          Isn't Blair injured, guys?

Gabe Blair, a transfer from East Carolina, will miss his one chance to show off this season. He is sidelined with a stress fracture in his back and won’t play in Saturday’s Shocker Madness. He planned to win the dunk contest with a routine that included 360 windmill, a behind-the-back and between-the-legs dunks. Instead, he will rest for a few weeks until his pain subsides. Thursday’s practice was the first one missed for Blair.

Comment

I guess we can assume he's still not practicing anyway. I knew it wasn't too serious and that he'd be back soon. But the question is still a good one. Can a transfer participate in this? Does this fall under normal practice or more like a preseason event?
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
              I guess we can assume he's still not practicing anyway. I knew it wasn't too serious and that he'd be back soon. But the question is still a good one. Can a transfer participate in this? Does this fall under normal practice or more like a preseason event?
              Just guessing here, but since this scrimmage is a substitute on the schedule for an exhibition games, it seems logical that the participation rules applicable to exhibition games would apply. However, the NCAA could give more weight to the absolute secrecy and consider it more like a practice. How's that for a political non-answer?
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu
                Originally posted by SubGod22
                Just guessing here, but since this scrimmage is a substitute on the schedule for an exhibition games, it seems logical that the participation rules applicable to exhibition games would apply. However, the NCAA could give more weight to the absolute secrecy and consider it more like a practice. How's that for a political non-answer?
                Have you ever run for office? :D

Those are exactly why I can't make up my mind on if he'd be allowed to play or not. If I had to make a guess I'd say no, but...
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

If I were the coach it would be irrelevant. Only five players can be on the court at a time, so why would he give minutes to a player that won't be available until next year. I would think that he can attend, and participate in, the parts other than the scrimmage, but why would we even want him to participate in the scrimmage part?

Comment

Working...
                  X