Hey, I've got a great idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, I've got a great idea

Let's all compare Turgeon's record his first couple of years when the Valley was in the range of the 11th-14th rated conference to Marshall's record his first couple of years when the Valley is consistently rated #7, just behind the BCS conferences.

That will give us a great way to compare the relative coaching abilities of Turgeon compared to Marshall.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Re: Hey, I've got a great idea

Originally posted by Aargh
    Let's all compare Turgeon's record his first couple of years when the Valley was in the range of the 11th-14th rated conference to Marshall's record his first couple of years when the Valley is consistently rated #7, just behind the BCS conferences.

That will give us a great way to compare the relative coaching abilities of Turgeon compared to Marshall.
    Bah, it's all relative. Then again,... if you look at the current facilities, budget, salary, private jet (that can be flown until the wheels fall off or it's planted into a mountain somewhere) recent national exposure..... ..... ... perhaps it isn't as relative...

.500 or bust!!!!!1111111111

T

...8)

Comment

Gosh I hate to do this...

On one hand you have a Shocker coach whose previous head coaching experience totaled two years in a conference RPI that is 28 out of 32. This person left with an improving record but still an overall win/loss under .500. To say this person was hired on faith is an understatement...

Then you have a coach who came to our university with nine years of head coaching experience, six regular season conference championships, seven conference tournament titles, seven NCAA tournament appearances, three conference coach-of-the-year titles, and became the first coach in the history of his conference to win an NCAA game (#11 seed over a #6). As a first year coach his conference record was 9-1. His final year conference record was 14-0 and marked the first time any team had gone undefeated in conference history.

Now with that said, if I were to give you a choice between the two coaches as who would have the best chance of going .500 in conference play in their second season as head coach of the Shockers, who would you pick?

.500 or bust!!!!

T

...8)

Comment

I prefer to look forward. I appreciate the run Turgeon overwsaw. His players provided many wonderful memories for the wife and I, including a wonderful season and a quarter when we travelled to Carolina, DC, and Vegas. I am excited because I know HCGM and his players will provide more of the same very soon!

Go Shocks!!!!
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

:roll:
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Compare

Here's the real comparison: whose posts are more fun to read, Cold's or KC's?

Cold is longer, which may or may not be a good thing; KC may be even more cranky (although lately maybe not), but he offsets it with that entertaining little avatar.

The heck with McCain vs. Obama -- McCain is going to win Kansas in any case. The Shockernet poll should be, Cold or KC?

Comment

Re: Compare

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
              Here's the real comparison: whose posts are more fun to read, Cold's or KC's, or KC?

NEITHER!

Comment

I am getting tired of people bagging on MT. He came to a school who doesnt get along with people from his home school and still came and took us to the sweet 16 with a team of average players. Comparing them is just dumb. Different players and different crowd and different style. Get it, its DIFFERENT! With that said I am ready for a new system and lets be louder than ever!!! :posterwu:
                " If you build it they will come ", Koch Arena

Comment

Re: Compare

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
                  Here's the real comparison: whose posts are more fun to read, Cold's or KC's?
                  Are they not the same person?

I used to enjoy watching Cold tweak certain fans on VT, but now it seems he's retired from there and all he does is needle WSU fans on SN and take shots at the present athletic administration.

Comment

I'm not needling, I'm genuinely embarrassed...

KCShox could be mistaken for a closet KU fan, I certainly could not...

HCGM needs to deliver this year!

.500 or Bust!!!!11

T

...8)

Comment

What are the plans if he doesn't hit .500 this year Cold?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                        I don't know, but it will surely be a disturbing event. I would predict that if the wheels come off again you will hear discussions about our need to recruit "athletes like they have over at Drake" etc. etc.

The thing that people don't seem to understand about me is that I think first and foremost about the institution, not the person that works for it. I didn't like MT, I liked what he did for the place. MT was a tool that we used to elevate the program. We were a tool used to elevate MT's career. The same will probably be true with HCGM. When MT left I didn't think first about the sadness of losing a good coach, I thought of the national embarrassment of looking like a stepping stone. Use that viewpoint as a framework when interpreting my posts about the current administration and you might not feel as though I am needling...

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                          Originally posted by ShockerFever
                          I don't know, but it will surely be a disturbing event. I would predict that if the wheels come off again you will hear discussions about our need to recruit "athletes like they have over at Drake" etc. etc.

The thing that people don't seem to understand about me is that I think first and foremost about the institution, not the person that works for it. I didn't like MT, I liked what he did for the place. MT was a tool that we used to elevate the program. We were a tool used to elevate MT's career. The same will probably be true with HCGM. When MT left I didn't think first about the sadness of losing a good coach, I thought of the national embarrassment of looking like a stepping stone. Use that viewpoint as a framework when interpreting my posts about the current administration and you might not feel as though I am needling...

T

...8)

negative nancy

Comment

WOW! :good:

Another stirling debate comparing MT vs. GM. :-x

And the debate will go on, and on, and on, and on, and on, until the "12th of Never," and that's a very long time. :clap:

Comment

Cold, I think you should leave all refrences to "jets being planted into a mountain" alone. You crossed a line which no one should cross, unless you walked away from it and I know a few that did since I played with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X