MVC vs. Mountain West challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC vs. Mountain West challenge

Just saw that on VT. And like I said there, I'd prefer we reached this deal with a conference on the eastern half of the country. The publicity would be much better. Still, the MWC isn't a horrible conference and it could set up nicely.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think it'll be good. That's a quality league. Only 9 teams...but it will make scheduling alot easier. Not really a "dog" in the entire league.

Comment

Of course, we're special. We get to start this year against TCU!

Comment

:good:

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
            Of course, we're special. We get to start this year against TCU!
            Now that you mention it, Creighton also plays New Mexico this year. And MSU plays Utah. Maybe this has been in the planning stages of both conferences for awhile...

Comment

Dare I say it?

Perhaps this is a precursor to getting out of the BracketBusters event?

Comment

How much longer is left on the BB deal?
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

From the MVC:

Comment

So, does whoever finish last in the Valley get left out of the Challenge?
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                      So, does whoever finish last in the Valley get left out of the Challenge?
                      The article says that all 19 league members in both leagues will participate in the challenge. My guess is that one Mountain West team will play two games in the challenge each season. It will be similar to the Big 12 / Pac 10 Challenge where two Pac 10 teams play two games in the challenge each year so that everyone from the Big 12 can participate.

Comment

"All 19 members of both leagues will participate in the Challenge, which will feature head-to-head competition between nine Mountain West and nine Missouri Valley teams annually."

Therein lies the confusion.

Comment

Maybe EU is leaving the Valley? Not going to happen, but the quote could make a person guess that some team is leaving the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
                            "All 19 members of both leagues will participate in the Challenge, which will feature head-to-head competition between nine Mountain West and nine Missouri Valley teams annually."

Therein lies the confusion.
                            I obviously can't read. Two contradicting statements there, I guess we will have to wait until next season to see how it all works out. This is a pretty good challenge to set up and it should be beneficial as long as the Valley can come out on top.

Comment

DJA posted on VT that Elgin will be talking more about it today when interviewed by what's his name from Omaha. Hopefully some clarification will come from that.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                              X