new tunes anybody???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new tunes anybody???

Hey guys...I am in charge of the basketball band this year. I was wondering if you guys had any requests for music that you would like to hear. It doesn't matter if it's something you have heard in the past or something new. I can't promise anything but if a song is available or if it can be easily transfered to horns, I'll do what I can

:wsu_posters:

keep the A-team.

Comment

time warp... i've heard high school pep bands do it and it sounds pretty good.

Comment

"Shocker" by The Toasters

Comment

OMG

you've asked the wrong person

MORE FUNK!!

[url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-pop-up/B0000033OM001003/ref=mu_sam_wma_001_003/104-4972916-0815119] [url=Jimmy Castor Bunch - Its Just Begun[/url]

Mongo Santamaria - Cloud Nine (Temptations Cover)

^^^^^
          These 2 songs are supreme when it comes to horns and percussion

Save Me E. T. by Mensah & The Tempos Band (Nina Simone Cover)

Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings - Make It Good To Me The Horns on this are CRAZY

RJD2 - 1976 (Amazon has it listed as "since 76" but its always been called 1976"

Thats a snippet I can up the full song if you like.

Comment

3rd verse of All Along The Watch Tower - Jimi Hendrix. That verse has the best melody line.

If you can't find the music for it, I'll give you the lines (all in Concert C) for the melody on second trumpet, the guitar reprises to the melody on first trumpet, the moving bass lines on trombone, the basic bass line on low brass and the chord patterns on winds.

It also lends itself to some incredible solo work for trumpet or sax. I certainly hope there are some musicians who can play an improvised lead.

Send me a PM if you're interested in some alternate arrangements that use some 13th's to make the backgrounds scream.

Also - I Feel Good - James Brown
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

"Jazz Police" - Big Phat Band

(I know, I sound like a broken record!)

Comment

KEEP THE A-TEAM!
                YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

the "Family Guy" theme always works at football games...why not basketball?
                  Jocks & Jills
                  3236 N. Rock Rd
                  Wichita, KS 67226
                  316-260-9800
                  http://www.jocks-jills.com
                  http://www.myspace.com/jocksandjills

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                    3rd verse of All Along The Watch Tower - Jimi Hendrix. That verse has the best melody line.

If you can't find the music for it, I'll give you the lines (all in Concert C) for the melody on second trumpet, the guitar reprises to the melody on first trumpet, the moving bass lines on trombone, the basic bass line on low brass and the chord patterns on winds.

It also lends itself to some incredible solo work for trumpet or sax. I certainly hope there are some musicians who can play an improvised lead.

Send me a PM if you're interested in some alternate arrangements that use some 13th's to make the backgrounds scream.

All Along The Watch Tower sounds great to me!!
                    The drum solo from INAGADADIVIDA?? ;-)
                    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

7 Nation Army.

Im going to WICHITA!
                      YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

Chicago. Great horns.
                        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                          Originally posted by Aargh

All Along The Watch Tower sounds great to me!!
                          The drum solo from INAGADADIVIDA?? ;-)
                          which version? I prefer IBB's

JJ Johnson - Across 110th St
                          This song just screams adrenaline.

Comment

I second the Seven Nation Army request. You gotta Love the White Stripes, especially with a Wichita name check!
                            andymooredesign.com

MTXE, SHOX!

Comment

Azzido da Bass - Doom's Night with the Tubas playing the bassline - sweet!
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                              X