No announcement yet.

new tunes anybody???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a song suggestion, but another one. Get the band to the volleyball games. Would be a good way to practice up for the basketball season.

Comment

Gosh, all those new tunes last night were great!
      There are nights when I think that Sal Paradise was right.

Comment

Mom & Dad said they played Jungle Boogie?

What else was there?

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
          Mom & Dad said they played Jungle Boogie?

What else was there?

Absolutely nothing new.

Comment

Anything with a fast tempo.
            Also something with some heavy bass.

Comment

Anything from the Jerry Hahn Brotherhood!

:posterwsu: :posterwu: :goshocks: 8) 8) 8)
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

"Absolutely nothing new."

Wow Jeff...is that sarcasm??? Anyways, we're working on it. I have put the following "new" tunes in the folder:

Chameleon- Herbie Hancock
                Frankenstein- Edgar Winter
                Play That Funky Music- Wild Cherry
                Soul Man- Blues Brothers/ Sam & Dave
                7 Nation Army- White Stripes
                So Fresh, So Clean- Outkast
                Get It On- Bill Chase

A couple things you should know. We don't have the largest budget. Getting brand new songs costs $$$. The popularity of the basketball team has a direct effect on how many people are in the band. I remember getting asked to come play when I was in high school because nobody wanted to play in the band for a bad team. Not the problem these days. We have to be able to take care of our players. Having this many people in the bands costs $$$. I am a full time teacher in town and don't have the time it takes to arrange them. I thought I would, but I don't. These songs take rehearsal time- which we don't have. Games are basically our rehearsals. You WILL hear these worked into the rotation. Just be patient with us.

In regards to the volleyball games. We are only budgeted for a certain number of appearances during the year. Earlier this year we played one volleyball match because we could pay our players and the athletic dept asked. We are hoping to work more vb games into our schedule next year.

Comment

Originally posted by boneshock

Wow Jeff...is that sarcasm??? Anyways, we're working on it. I have put the following "new" tunes in the folder:

Get It On- Bill Chase
                  Did catch a little Chameleon Saturday night? Love that tune.

Get It On will be good, but people will go nuts when you guys bust out the Outkast.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by boneshock

Get It On- Bill Chase

A couple things you should know. We don't have the largest budget. Getting brand new songs costs $$$. The popularity of the basketball team has a direct effect on how many people are in the band. I remember getting asked to come play when I was in high school because nobody wanted to play in the band for a bad team. Not the problem these days. We have to be able to take care of our players. Having this many people in the bands costs $$$. I am a full time teacher in town and don't have the time it takes to arrange them. I thought I would, but I don't. These songs take rehearsal time- which we don't have. Games are basically our rehearsals. You WILL hear these worked into the rotation. Just be patient with us.

In regards to the volleyball games. We are only budgeted for a certain number of appearances during the year. Earlier this year we played one volleyball match because we could pay our players and the athletic dept asked. We are hoping to work more vb games into our schedule next year.

I was just giving you a hard time. I know how tough it is to do this stuff. Really, I was hoping you'd do exactly what you did and tell us what to look forward to, because I didn't want to be patient and wait for it to unfold as the season progressed...

Comment

I think Seven Nation Army will bring down the house. Everyone be ready to shout " Wichita' !!" .

Thanks for working that one in and thanks to the band for all their hard work.

As to your budget - could you guys have a night where you meet people at the exits for donations, the way the cheerleaders do once or twice a season ? I think the response would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Harold_Shox
                        I think Seven Nation Army will bring down the house. Everyone be ready to shout 'Wichita'.

I would but I've never heard the song and hadn't heard of it until mention on SN. Sadly, most of those songs I either don't know or don't like.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                          Originally posted by Harold_Shox
                          I think Seven Nation Army will bring down the house. Everyone be ready to shout 'Wichita'.

I would but I've never heard the song and hadn't heard of it until mention on SN. Sadly, most of those songs I either don't know or don't like.
                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Seven Nation Army is one of those catchy riffs that everyone has heard, but most have no idea where it came from. I used to think the White Stripes were overrated until I first heard that song.
                            Jocks & Jills
                            3236 N. Rock Rd
                            Wichita, KS 67226
                            316-260-9800
                            http://www.jocks-jills.com
                            http://www.myspace.com/jocksandjills

Comment

Love the new songs. One complain though, at the start of the 2nd half clap after Dudley, the drummer seemed to think he needed to speed up the cadence until it was too fast for the crowd to keep up with. Completely destroyed the clap, and took forever to get restarted.
                              YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

Yeah, he was a sub. All of our drummers are at a percussion convention in Ohio until today.

Comment

Working...
                                X