Paul S practice report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul S practice report

No surprise to me that A.J. made the biggest impression on Paul S. Hawkins should be our leading scorer.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
      No surprise to me that A.J. made the biggest impression on Paul S. Hawkins should be our leading scorer.
      That's what I'd expect.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Too bad the other team wasn't named. With Murry playing some PG, I'd guess the rest of the other team was Kyles at 2, Ellis at 3, Griskenas at 4, and Stutz at 5.

That's our most likely backups. While I would expect the more experienced players to beat the less experienced players, the word "dominate" wasn't what I was hoping to hear.

We're about one month away from playing Georgetown. That's not a lot of time for the less experienced players.

I get the feeling that our early-season staring lineup has been named. At least those are the guys whoo someone has to beat to get into the starting lineup.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

One month is plenty of time for the youngsters to adjust to the play of their more experienced teammates. And by that time they'll be mixed in with some experienced players and leadership to help them out.

The early part of the season will be interesting, but on the whole, I'm not worried.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The other team didn't include Griskenas. He was out with an infected toe.
            In the fast lane

Comment

It doesn’t surprise me that Durley, Clemente, Hawkins, Hannah and Chamberlain dominated nor does it concern me. In my opinion, that is a probable starting line-up to begin the season. Hopefully, the beating will motivate some of the freshmen.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
                It doesn’t surprise me that Durley, Clemente, Hawkins, Hannah and Chamberlain dominated nor does it concern me. In my opinion, that is a probable starting line-up to begin the season. Hopefully, the beating will motivate some of the freshmen.
                Exactly, it was a test to see how the freshmen would react seeing just how much work they still have to do in order to be ready for Div 1 basketball. If they get the message and start working even harder then the test worked and they could come a LONG way in a month. If they don't get the message and don't handle adversity well.....well we could have a pretty short bench and it could be another long year. But everything I've ever heard about the majority of the incoming players doesn't have me that concerned about the latter happening. I think this was a brilliant move by Marshall. Better to get punched in the mouth now and have a little time to work on it, than in a game.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                X