Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting drill

Coach Bzdelik from Colorado said this at the Big 12 media day:
    we do a drill where we have six players, three balls and five minutes see how many threes they can make. We have six players that when they do it together they shoot anywhere -- they make about 130 threes from the new line in five minutes, and these are from all positions.
    Does anybody know if the Shockers do anythiing like this and what is a reasonable number of 3-pt shots to be made among a starting five plus one?
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Re: Shooting drill

Originally posted by im4wsu
    Coach Bzdelik from Colorado said this at the Big 12 media day:
    we do a drill where we have six players, three balls and five minutes see how many threes they can make. We have six players that when they do it together they shoot anywhere -- they make about 130 threes from the new line in five minutes, and these are from all positions.
    Does anybody know if the Shockers do anythiing like this and what is a reasonable number of 3-pt shots to be made among a starting five plus one?
    It sounds like huckly buck to me.

Comment

Yes

Marshall does indeed have that drill in his repertoire; I remember reading about it. As to how many shots should be made by six guys, you'd be better off asking him.

Comment

It's not quite the same drill I know, but he does another one that he has them even out into 4 lines, one on each side of the top of the key on both ends of the floor, they shoot, go get their rebound, pass it back to the next person in line and run back to the opposite end of the floor and repeat the process. They do it for three minutes and the goal is usually about 70. They did a fairly good job at making that goal last year believe it or not.

Comment

Working...
        X