Still Some Season Tickets Available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Some Season Tickets Available!

Let fill up CKA with season ticket holders again this year!

This is surprising to me! Do you think that the economy or the rebuilding year is more of a cause for the left over tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22
      This is surprising to me! Do you think that the economy or the rebuilding year is more of a cause for the left over tickets?
      Both! Don't worry; the 'new' hype should enable us to have continued sell-outs.

:good: :good:
      SFL is back!

Comment

If they'd stop jacking up the prices every year, then it would be sold out. I can see the reasons for an increase from the 06 to 07 seasons, but now? Gimme a break.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Actually a few non season ticket seats isn't bad. It allows people to actually buy a ticket to a game and not have to buy the high priced package.

Comment

I might be off base on this comment.

If single game tickets are available, then a person might go to the ticket office and buy tickets for all the games, which holds the most interest for them.

(Hold on a second. I am having second thoughts.)

It seems like single game tickets go on sale 2-3 days before a game.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
              If they'd stop jacking up the prices every year, then it would be sold out. I can see the reasons for an increase from the 06 to 07 seasons, but now? Gimme a break.
              I have to agree with this post. We've been tix holders for about 5 years now and the fact that they continue to raise the prices may become too much if the product doesn't improve it just doesn't make sense. I'm sure that won't be accepted well on this board but believe me I bleed black and gold, I will be there in Orlando rooting them on. But my nosebleed seats at the Chuck for sub .500 years need to at least stay the same in value if they product doesn't improve.

Comment

I think they are just exploring the outer reaches of supply and demand. That they have a few season ticket remaining tell me they found the boundary, at least for this season.

Comment

Great point Royal. Seems like a prudent business decision to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                    Great point Royal. Seems like a prudent business decision to me.
                    But it makes one wonder ...

How will the excesses (run-away players salaries, advertising costs, ticket prices, etc.) in college and professional sports be affected by the collapse of the economy?

In a few months when companies are seriously cutting back and unemployment rises to levels not seen in 30 or more years, will folks stop going to games and stop buying Nike's and Budweiser?

Sorry to veer off-topic, but the continuous escalation of prices does get frustrating. There's little else to do in Wichita in winter other than Shocker basketball and I'm a die-hard so I'll continue to budget for my SASO and ticket charges. Will the real estate agents, bankers, and car dealers be able to continue to do so?

I'm just sayin' ...

--'85.
                    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

I hear ya, '85. I'm at a point where if fuel prices go back up I may choose to not renew (and we split tickets with another couple). $10-$15/game in gas I can handle. But more than $15/game on top of rising ticket prices may push me out of the market.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxCO94
                        I have to agree with this post. We've been tix holders for about 5 years now and the fact that they continue to raise the prices may become too much if the product doesn't improve it just doesn't make sense. ... need to at least stay the same in value if they product doesn't improve.
                        I don't disagree with you one bit. I will say, though, that this very situation allowed us to move down to Row 7 in Levitt Arena (before the renovation). The corporate donors that swooped-in and plunked down their big money for the CKA renovation pushed us back to Row 17. I'm betting when it comes time to re-up their big SASO donations, some will start dropping out with the economic situation the way it is. We'll start trying to move back down, just as we did back in the 80's & early 90's. I guarantee those car dealers won't hold on the their big blocks of tickets.

Kinda cyclical, like the economy.

--'85.
                        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

This is a valid discussion. Royal and BW are 100% correct when they talk about supply and demand and business plans.

'85 makes a great point about alienating a % of the base, especially during what could be trying times.

One of the infuriating aspects of PRO sports, imho, is the dominance of corporate dollars and how they push out the blue collar fan.

Most of the "diehards" here would agree that the loudest crowd at the Chuck in the last 2 decades was the NIT game against FSU. That game was filled with last minute "Joe the Plumber" type fans who screamed their collective heads off and were not concerned in the least what the temperature of the brie in the Champions Room was....(it was by the way at a perfect 68...mmmm).

I have always been an advocate and a believer in having a set aside group of tickets available for last minute purchase, without the penalty of a donation, priced for the average fan. Even if that number is small it maintains some interest in those that would like to go but cannot afford season tickets. If you tell someone no, no, no, no...........eventually they will find something else.

I understand the cost of running a big time athletic program. Low priced tickets mean low priced coaches. It is very, very tough to win "on the cheap". One of my few problems with the remodeling at the Chuck is they didn't make any of the high dollar suites that the few could purchase and help to supplement some of the other expenses.

It is without question a difficult balancing act. One with few easy answers.

Comment

I guess it is the nature of the beast. Super high salaries and nice facilities comes at a price and the corporate donors are the ones who provide it. If we are going to compete with the Valley's best in all sports we have to keep the money flowing. Big time sports are pushing us little guys out. Sad, but true.
                            I would suggest the following: The athletic department freeze prices for the next two years due to the economy or set-up a multi-year personal seat license for season ticket holders. As an example, a person could buy season ticket for 5 years at a set price. They would have to pay the cost of the tickets up front and a maybe a fee of some kind. The donation would determine where they would sit from year to year. You want better seats you have to pay. The point is that the athletic department could have guaranteed sold seats and we could have a price freeze on tickets. We could then donate more or less based on our budgets. Just a thought.

Comment

We decided NOT to opt for the season tickets this year, although having them one day is a major goal for my wife and I. Good things come to those who wait, and hopefully we'll still be able to use the Ticket Marketplace from time to time. Just too many variables financially this year....

Comment

Working...
                              X