Shocker Luncheons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Luncheons

I just received the invitation for this years luncheons. I have never been to one and was hoping someone would be kind enough to fill me in on what happens at them and if they are fun and infornative.

Thanks in advance

Steve

BUMP

Comment

The luncheons are fun to go to. You get a nice Pre-Thanksgiving meal and listen to both coaches talk about the upcoming season and make jokes about the players as they introduce them. I 've been going for the last four years and enjoy it more each year.

Comment

The lunch is ok if you are looking for a gathering of Shocker fans, but if you are going there to learn some "new" info, not much new is exploited. You will get to see only some of the players. Often, as many as a third of the players are in class and not present.

Comment

I quit going to Coach Turgeon's fest.

The food was very average....read very mediocre.

I learned zero about the team's strengths, weaknesses, strategies, tactics, recruiting, hopes, dreams and/aspirations, etc.

Each year was a replica of the previous year - nada.

Even though I do not plan to attend, I believe Coach Marshall will present a more informative and interesting presentation.

I encourage you to attend.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who responded. I was going to purchase the season pass to all 4 of them but I think I may just take them one at a time.

Thanks Again
            Steve

Comment

Got mine the other day for the kickoff luncheon on 11/5. Have been for the past 3 years. Food is average. But always like to hear the coaches speak. Don't learn much, but still intend to go.

Comment

Working...
              X