rockin' the roundhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rockin' the roundhouse

talked to coach tonight at shocker madness...

he said...

a) ramon will have some competition in the slam dunk contest in david kyles - coach thinks that it will be really close. i'm a judge this year, so...we shall see

b) coach said we should realistically win 15 games this season..my buddy said something about 19, but coach said that may be a stretch with the tough schedule we have. CGM also said that there was some strategy in this schedule, as he feels that we could make a title run next year, with some BIG home games.

c) coach's strategy was as follows
    year one - deal with what you have and recruit hard
    year two - develop talent and continue to recruit hard
    year three - make a title run and recruit bigger

this sounds like the same strategy i keep when i'm playing the career mode on my college hoops 2k8...it works -and i have no doubt that CGM will be very successful.

d) orupke is at three rivers..said they have some work to do, as ehimen wants to play immediately, but the coaching staff made a commitment to wichita state to redshirt him. CGM said that he is not concerned about another school swooping him up.

e) he is sooooooo ready for the season!

Thanks for the info InWuWeTrust.

My pick in the dunk contest would be A.J. Perhaps he's not ready to go. I can't remember if he is practicing yet. I'm counting on him to be a big part of the team. D.K must be pretty good.

Can't really blame E.O. for wanting to play. Great to hear the coach is just as confident as I on E.O. returning.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Since we signed him, Kyles has been my favorite to win the dunk contest.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Re: rockin' the roundhouse

Originally posted by InWuWeTrust
        talked to coach tonight at shocker madness...

he said...

a) ramon will have some competition in the slam dunk contest in david kyles - coach thinks that it will be really close. i'm a judge this year, so...we shall see

b) coach said we should realistically win 15 games this season..my buddy said something about 19, but coach said that may be a stretch with the tough schedule we have. CGM also said that there was some strategy in this schedule, as he feels that we could make a title run next year, with some BIG home games.

c) coach's strategy was as follows
        year one - deal with what you have and recruit hard
        year two - develop talent and continue to recruit hard
        year three - make a title run and recruit bigger

this sounds like the same strategy i keep when i'm playing the career mode on my college hoops 2k8...it works -and i have no doubt that CGM will be very successful.

d) orupke is at three rivers..said they have some work to do, as ehimen wants to play immediately, but the coaching staff made a commitment to wichita state to redshirt him. CGM said that he is not concerned about another school swooping him up.

e) he is sooooooo ready for the season!
        Sounds like coach is changing the 'rules' for the contest that have been followed in the past in allowing non-'new' people to participate (Ramon). That's fine with me--personally I think it should be the best dunkers on the team.

Nice report! I'm glad that coach is excited to get the season started as he know we all are too. Won't be long now...

Comment

Someone you may not have thought about for the dunk contest is
          Gabe Blair. Being 6'8" tall, he might have some good dunks.

Comment

coach mentioned gabe blair, but thought that d.k. was prolly gonna take it. aj hawkins is sitting out this year - coach says he's still a little sore about losing to ramon last year - he thinks that he was robbed. i told coach that anyone jumping WU would win, he agreed.

Comment

AJ was probably robbed last year. But dunking over the mascot looks too darn good to the fans.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                short guys>>big guys when it comes to dunking.

Indisputable fact

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                  Originally posted by Snapshot9
                  short guys>>big guys when it comes to dunking.

Indisputable fact
                  Michael Jordan was an exception to that. So is Dwight Howard. But 99 times out of 100, you are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                    AJ was probably robbed last year. But dunking over the mascot looks too darn good to the fans.
                    Ramon definately has a flair for the dramatic! AJ had some nice ones last year if I remember right.

No matter what--it should be fun and it can't get here soon enough!

PS... Gabe should be fun to watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X