B Hinson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B Hinson

Former Missouri State basketball coach Barry Hinson has landed a job in the Big 12.

Hinson will join Bill Self's basketball staff at Kansas where he will be an administrative assistant for the Jayhawks.

Good for him, I don't know how well the "Aw Shucks" bit works in Lawrence, but Barry's ok by me.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

Good for Barry

Comment

This surprises nobody. These two have had a close relationship for a while. I'm happy for Barry and wouldn't be surprised to see him leading a team in the not too distant future.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
          ... I don't know how well the "Aw Shucks" bit works in Lawrence ...
          Are you kidding?

From Werbster's On-line Dictionary: "Aw Shucks" see Self, Bill

--'85.
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
            Are you kidding?

--'85.

Not to mention Roy Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
              Are you kidding?

--'85.

Many of my KU friends thought it was a shtick that Roy would do.

That's why I brought it up.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

I'll bet he got a raise, he should have made that move along time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                  Are you kidding?

--'85.

Yes but thats Aw shucks with tears! 8)
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Glad to see him get a good break for once. He's gotten several bad ones over the last few years.

Comment

Does he have a son that is a great basketball player?
                      Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

I would like to just say that I found Coach Hinson entertaining and very nice guy. My dealings with him were very limited but he did make a very good impression on me. Three years ago this summer I was at an AAU Tournament in KC. While standing there watching a game Coach Hinson walked up with several people who I took to be his staff. After a few moments out of the blue he leaned over and asked me who was looking good. I made a short comment ( I really don't think he was doing anything but making small talk). He then introduced himself (I had already recognized him). I told him my name and said I was a WSU fan and sat right behind the opponets bench. He told me to come down and say "Hellow" to him when they played in Wichita the next year. I did say "Hi" to him and he remembered me from our visit in KC. I found him to be very charming I could see why he could be a good recruiter. I will always remember that he was the tupe of person who took time out of his busy schedule to share a few pleasant words with an every day joe. Good Luck Barry in your further endevers. :) :) :)

Comment

Hinson's a good guy who did very good with a small budget. He got short ended by the NCAA on several occasions. MSU supporters should of gave more to the program instead of wanting Barry's head.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Coach Turgeon thought highly of Coach Hinson.

Comment

We met Barry (and his mom and dad) a few years ago in St. Louis at the Valley Tourney and I wish nothing but the very best for him. :D

Comment

Working...
                              X