MVC Television Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC Television Package

The MVC Television Package was announced today. The Shockers will be on FSN twice, and on the ESPN networks four times. There are also additional chances to be on National TV with the Bracketbusters and the Wildcard Weekend, which is the final weekend of the regular season.

The WSU games in the Old Spice Classic will be on ESPN2 .... Yea!!!!

Not only that, but our Volleyball team will be on ESPN in November, and our baseball team in May.

Love this quote:

The league will also televise the title contest of the 2009 State Farm MVC Baseball Tournament from Eck Stadium-Tyler Field in Wichita, Kan., on Saturday, May 23.

“Eck Stadium-Tyler Field is the finest collegiate baseball facility in the country, and we are thrilled that it is the stage for this tournament once again,” said Elgin.

In 2008, Wichita State made its 26th NCAA Tournament trip in a 29-year span, as WSU won its 16th league tourney title. The Shockers took the Stillwater Regional and advanced to the Super Regional at Tallahassee, Fla.

Comment

In looking at the schedule, here is the breakdown of appearances per team for men's basketball.

Bradley- 4 (3 on FSN, 1 on ESPN)
      Creighton- 6 (4 on FSN, 2 on ESPN)
      Drake- 10 (4 on FSN, 6 on ESPN)
      Evansville- 3 (1 on FSN, 2 on ESPN)
      Illinois State- 5 (3 on FSN, 2 on ESPN)
      Indiana State- 5 (4 on FSN, 1 on ESPN)
      Missouri State- 4 (2 on FSN, 2 on ESPN)
      Northern Iowa- 5 (2 on FSN, 3 on ESPN)
      Southern Illinois- 8 (4 on FSN, 4 on ESPN)
      Wichita State- 6 (2 on FSN, 4 on ESPN)

I can't believe how many times Drake is going to be on National TV this year.

Comment

It's a shame Drake is going to get so much run as I expect them to fall quite a bit this year. With that much ESPN time I hope they don't.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
          The WSU games in the Old Spice Classic will be on ESPN2 .... Yea!!!!
          Uh, the first game is on ESPN2, but the Shocks have to keep winning to avoid ESPNU.

Not only that, but our Volleyball team will be on ESPN in November
          Since when did ESPN start broadcasting first/second round volleyball matches?

“Eck Stadium-Tyler Field is the finest collegiate baseball facility in the country, and we are thrilled that it is the stage for this tournament once again,” said Elgin.
          I love it too. I'm sure MSU fans love it as well. Whatever happened to the Mecca of Baseball Stadiums, Hammons Field, and its hosting abilities?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Whatever happened to the Mecca of Baseball Stadiums, Hammons Field, and its hosting abilities? rofl
            Imagine it! The owners of the "Mecca of Baseball" charge rent for the use of their facility. The bastages! And - get this! The minor league team that plays there thinks they get the first right to schedule games there!!!!

How unfair!
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

A list of games that will be on cox22-cbs12 is on
              WICHITA, Kan. ? In partnership with Cox and KWCH, Wichita State will televise 24 athletics events on Kansas Now 22 and KWCH during the 2008-09 school year, including 12 men's basketball games, seven baseball games, three women's basketball games and two volleyball matches, Director of Athletics Eric Sexton announced today.
              Very nice!

Comment

They just keep cutting the number of games on public TV every year. This year is only 2 on KWCH. I suppose there won't be any next year on there. It's time for them to go to all the games on KWCH again like when KAKE had the package.

Comment

While I agree with you rrshock, the Cox package actually allows more people to watch. The entire state (those who have Cox, which is the majority) have the opportunity to watch the games (including those in the Topeka, and eastern Kansas areas).

I'm sure the tape-delaying of certain programming in those primetime slots and Saturday night college football on CBS leads me to believe why the decision is being made to use 12 less and less.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I believe it also puts the Shox on air in OK, TX, AR and some SE states. I believe FL is one of them. That's how it was at one point anyway.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'm ready for Cox 22 HD... dream on?

:good: :good:
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I live 30 miles from Wichita and can't get Cox. Why can't it be on both?

Comment

The only time I have a problem with games being on KWCH is if the game is on a Sunday and the football game goes long or into overtime and you lose half a game for a football game that in many cases has no consequence anyway. I'm remembering a game in a season when we went to the sweet 16 and the Chiefs went nowhere. We still had to listen to the remainder of a game that meant nothing, followed by pointless post game stuff and then to heap it on a 4 or 5 minute commercial break. Missed almost half the game.

Comment

Considering how bad we were last year, it's nice to see we have any national coverage at all. Imagine the coverage after a couple years of Marshall at the helm.

Comment

Originally posted by Zardoz
                              The only time I have a problem with games being on KWCH is if the game is on a Sunday and the football game goes long or into overtime and you lose half a game for a football game that in many cases has no consequence anyway. I'm remembering a game in a season when we went to the sweet 16 and the Chiefs went nowhere. We still had to listen to the remainder of a game that meant nothing, followed by pointless post game stuff and then to heap it on a 4 or 5 minute commercial break. Missed almost half the game.
                              I have a dangerous memory. I remember that. It was a season-ending Saturday night game for the Chiefs on CBS at Minnesota. A meaningless game. I think we played Tulsa..?? that night. I taped the game and realized that only the second half of the Shocker game was intact.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X