Mark Your Calendars Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Your Calendars Now!

Shocker Madness will be on Tuesday, October 16th.

Tip=Off Luncheon on October 23rd.

:goshocks:

I was disappointed when I found this out.
    Jocks & Jills
    3236 N. Rock Rd
    Wichita, KS 67226
    316-260-9800
    http://www.jocks-jills.com
    http://www.myspace.com/jocksandjills

Comment

Wow. That sucks. :blink:

Are they trying to turn people off from attending the event? Please, PLEASE, someone find a way to move this to the weekend. How many people WON'T attend and WON'T bring their kids because this is on a week night? That's lost interest in the program, lost revenue from having the shop open in KOCH with lots of happy people roaming around.

Maybe it's not as important seeing as the games are pretty much guaranteed to be sold out, but, still, it's a little disheartening. :(

Comment

Let's all suck it up and go, doesn't matter if it's a weekday or weekend.

We need to give HCGM a good show of support.

Treat it like an early-early regular season game.

Comment

Originally posted by shox8498
          Let's all suck it up and go, doesn't matter if it's a weekday or weekend.

We need to give HCGM a good show of support.

Treat it like an early-early regular season game.
          My guess is anyone who posts on Shockernet, will be there. The question is will the rest of the fans be there. Tuesday night was a very poor decision.

Comment

My guess is the arena is booked on weekends around then.

That said, if the arena can sell out for a basketball game any night of the week, it can be packed for Madness.
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose

My guess is anyone who posts on Shockernet, will be there. The question is will the rest of the fans be there. Tuesday night was a very poor decision.
              I probably speak for most of those that don't live in Wichita, but I will most likely not be there. I try to make it back for many games a year, but midweek contests make it much more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl
                Uhhh, I think men's basketball gets first choice of dates.

Comment

It's inconvenient, but unless one of my kids has a school event that night, not much will keep me away.

Comment

I think with all the new faces, there will probably be quite a few people there anyway.

Comment

We had about 4,000 people there after a Sweet Sixteen year. Considering it appears that nobody is taking the hint that they need to jazz up Shocker Madness (eg. not putting it on a weekday -rofl) there will be around 3-4k there this year as well.

It's really sad that they don't put on a big performance for Shocker Madness. They could bring in some music and turn it into a huge event.. instead it looks like a glorified pickup game. Very mid-major at best...

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                        Originally posted by rjl
                        The Volleybal team has 7 p.m. matches on Friday and Saturday, October 19th and 20th, which I'm sure has priority over Shocker Madness.

I suppose, you could move one of these up a couple of hours (assuming Lambo and the opposing team would agree) and have Shocker VB/Shocker Madness double header.

The weekend of October 12th and 13th looks open.

What is the first day of practice for the Basketball team?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                          Originally posted by vbird53
                          Originally posted by rjl
                          The Volleybal team has 7 p.m. matches on Friday and Saturday, October 19th and 20th, which I'm sure has priority over Shocker Madness.

I suppose, you could move one of these up a couple of hours (assuming Lambo and the opposing team would agree) and have Shocker VB/Shocker Madness double header.

The weekend of October 12th and 13th looks open.

What is the first day of practice for the Basketball team?
                          I'm sure volleyball scheduling has priority over basketball scheduling up at KU as well... :whistle: :roll:

Midnight Madness is a BIG event up in Lawrence and there is absolutely NO reason why it can't be here in Wichita. They would end the volleyball program up at KU before they bumped Midnight Madness to a weekday.

T

...8)

Comment

If we had Shocker Madness at Midnight like they do at KU, they could hold it on Friday or Saturday even if the VB team had a match.

How do you think attendance at Shocker Madness would be if we held it at midnight on the opening night of pracitce like they do at KU?

My guess is cut the 4,000 post Sweet-16 crowd in half.

Comment

[quote="C0|dB|00ded"]
                              I'm sure volleyball scheduling has priority over basketball scheduling up at KU as well... :whistle: :roll:

Perhaps I should have said, since it has already been scheduled and the visiting teams may have already made travel arrangements that the VB match probably has priority.

Comment

Working...
                              X