Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have class with any of the ballers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was probably out doing his National Guard duty or not.
    Unleash Brett Burley, let all tremble before him!!!

Comment

Classy one, Go_Shockers....idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
        I was in a Communications class with Mo Evans, and I learned a lot about supplements from his in-class speeches. :roll:
        Ha, in comm111, I was in there too. His speeches I didn't listen that closely too, but that was true of everyone, including myself.

Comment

Jamie Arnold was in one of my classes.

Comment

Had classes with Mo Evans and Jason Perez
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
              John, you're a funny man.
              FWIW, before you were born, I had classes with the following athletes: Randy Smithson, Jay Jackson, Eric Kuhn (sp), Joe Carter, Phil Stevenson, Cliff Levingston, Karl Papke, Prince McJunkins, and several other that I can't recall. :D
              Classes with Bob Troegle and Charles Brent from the Harry Miller Days, and believe it or not Darnell Valentine. He was a senior at Heights taking a Minority Studies class. Was still thinking hard about going to Carolina instead of KU.....
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Class with Warren Armstrong (Jabali)

I had a Phys Ed class with Warren. For all the bad press he got, he seemed like a really nice guy to me.

I'll never forget playing volley ball opposite him. We were on the end, right near the basket. Someone set him up and I was right on the other side of the net. He jumped and just kept rising more and more. Being so close to the goal, I was able to judge how high he was and in case you're wondering, I made no attempt to return his spike. I covered up like a coward.

I did manage a spike against him, but it was nowhere near as spectacular. He got a hand on it, but just a glancing blow.

Comment

Warren Armstrong was a first-class leaper and an impressive passer. As an all-around player, he had to be among the top 10 Shocker players ever. He was around 6'2" and had one of the best verticals I ever have witnessed in my life.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                    Warren Armstrong was a first-class leaper and an impressive passer. As an all-around player, he had to be among the top 10 Shocker players ever. He was around 6'2" and had one of the best verticals I ever have witnessed in my life.
                    Warren has my vote as the greatest talent to ever play here. Sadly, he didn't have enough of a team around him to get the most out of his skills. He ended up playing so much time inside at 6'2" when he could have been one of the greatest point guards of all time. He really only had one year here that he got to concentrate on the point much at all.

Comment

There is one player that reminds me more of Warren Armstrong then any other for a long long time in a Shocker uniform.. What stuck out about Warrens game was he was such a team player and was strong on defense, could rebound, could really pass and distribute the rock, and could jump out of the gym. PJ reminds me of him and should have a banner Senior Year. Maybe we could compare their stats of their respective Senior years to see how they compare. Even making an analogy like this points to how special of a player PJ is, because W.A. was among our elite Shockers ever.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                      X