2007-08 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007-08 Schedule

When will the Valley release the rest of the men's basketball schedule?

Don't you think it's about time? What are they waiting on?

Typically the Valley schools that don't have their own arena always have trouble working out dates for home games.
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
    which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

I've heard that the Valley schedule could be released to the schools at some point this week or early next week.

Comment

Last year the Valley completed the schedule on August 22nd. The schools that had released schedules that day were the schools that had the non-con schedules completed. We still had some non-con dates to fill so ours came out in Sept I believe. Since we have our non-con filled for this year, the complete schedule should be out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerKhan
          Typically the Valley schools that don't have their own arena always have trouble working out dates for home games.
          I know that's not true for Creighton.. CU has first option on the Qwest and picks its dates before others.

Last year I was told that the conference deliberately holds back announcing the conference schedule so that if BCS schools get desperate completing their schedules and want to add a Valley school, the conference would have some flexibility in working in such match-ups.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum

Last year I was told that the conference deliberately holds back announcing the conference schedule so that if BCS schools get desperate completing their schedules and want to add a Valley school, the conference would have some flexibility in working in such match-ups.
            That's actually a great idea. You never know, there might be a bcs school hanging out there waiting to fill one spot.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
              Originally posted by ShockerKhan
              I know that's not true for Creighton.. CU has first option on the Qwest and picks its dates before others.
              I would certainly hope so. Any venue in any city would probably salivate at the thought of getting a guaranteed 15,000 + people at 15 or 16 events a year.

The bit about catching any BCS stragglers looking for a game certainly sounds plausible.
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Those BCS teams are scared to add a team in valley.. or atleast one of the top teams

Comment

Ask Syracuse and LSU what happens. I believe the Cuse game was a ate addition.

Comment

And thanks for the money, Mr. Boeheim!
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

The Valley has apparently released the schedule. Missouri State's entire schedule is out. We play at MSU on Jan 8th and play the Bears at home on Jan 29.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                        The Valley has apparently released the schedule. Missouri State's entire schedule is out. We play at MSU on Jan 8th and play the Bears at home on Jan 29.
                        Nice, that means ours should be out soon.

Comment

so far:

Jan 5th @ BU
                          Jan 8th @ MSU
                          Jan 19th @ SIU
                          Jan 26th BU
                          Jan 29th MSU
                          Feb 9th In St.
                          Feb 16th SIU
                          Feb 19th @In St.

I'm ready for some basketball, is it October 16th yet? :goshocks:

Comment

Illinois St schedule is up:

Another New Year's home game.... :roll:

away on January 16th

:posterwu:

Comment

Working...
                            X