No announcement yet.

sunday's eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who said it was hard to grasp?..If EO signs a LOI in Nov. it renews his commitment to WSU for the next 12 months and keeps other schools away ( a LOI is only good for 12 mos.)...That is all I am saying

Comment

Interesting article:

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2...d969158280.txt

-- Southern Illinois brings in a talented group of freshmen and will get a jump start on their development. The Salukis travel to Canada for three games in Windsor, Ontario, during the Labor Day weekend. The Salukis will get 10 days on practice before leaving, beginning today.

My question is this - If the Salukis get to start practice on August 17th (date of article), then wouldn't we also get to start team practices too?

Comment

Why would we? We're not traveling to Canada...
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

We got "extra" practices a couple years ago. A team can do these out-of-country trips every few years, but not every year. Does anybody know the limitations?
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu
            We got "extra" practices a couple years ago. A team can do these out-of-country trips every few years, but not every year. Does anybody know the limitations?
            Once every four years.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
              Interesting article:

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2...d969158280.txt

-- Southern Illinois brings in a talented group of freshmen and will get a jump start on their development. The Salukis travel to Canada for three games in Windsor, Ontario, during the Labor Day weekend. The Salukis will get 10 days on practice before leaving, beginning today.

My question is this - If the Salukis get to start practice on August 17th (date of article), then wouldn't we also get to start team practices too?
              We did it, then tanked after rising to number 8 in the nation. I'm just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                I think you could pretty much cross off UMKC, SWOMO and TCU we'll play them during the season. Especially SWOMO. Tulsa and ORU are definite possibilities and of course I'd prefer it were OSU or 0U. I doubt KSU would work with us. North Texas may be an option as well.
                It appears that it will be K St. According to Paul:

Shockwaves

Also, confirmed TCU is on the schedule.

Comment

Pantagraph and Shockwaves

Wonder if SIU will find, as the Shocks did, that the Canada trip makes for a pretty long season. Of course, we all know that WSU team had other issues as well, but they did seem to run out of gas at the end.

And speaking of issues, it's interesting that the Pantagraph's writer thought the departure of Preadom was an off-season roster "issue." I guess in a sense it is, and I know Wendell he has his fans on here -- I certainly have nothing against him, just thought he was overmatched as a D-1 player -- but for the long haul, which is certainly what Marshall and his staff are also looking at, I believe anything that gets the new guys more playing time is a good thing.

Finally, do you think Paul S from the Eagle might be a fan of on-campus arenas? -- "As soon as Creighton, Evansville and Bradley get their concerts, tractor pulls and swap meets arranged at their rental locations..."

:clap: That's pretty good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                    Originally posted by SubGod22
                    I think you could pretty much cross off UMKC, SWOMO and TCU we'll play them during the season. Especially SWOMO. Tulsa and ORU are definite possibilities and of course I'd prefer it were OSU or 0U. I doubt KSU would work with us. North Texas may be an option as well.
                    It appears that it will be K St. According to Paul:

Shockwaves

Also, confirmed TCU is on the schedule.
                    This is classic!

"That leaves dates for UMKC, Northern Arizona (both at CKA) and a Bracket Buster game in February. Drafts of the MVC schedule are in the hands of coaches and administrators at the schools. As soon as Creighton, Evansville and Bradley get their concerts, tractor pulls and swap meets arranged at their rental locations, it’s go time."
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

No, I don't mean about the Canada games, I mean with the statement that the Salukis could start TEAM practices on August 17th.

Wouldn't the NCAA have to allow the rest of MVC teams to also start on team practices on August 17th, or else they would be biast towards the Salukis.

Comment

If you are going on one of those trips, the NCAA allows you, I believe, 10 team practices (could be wrong) preceding the games to prepare for them. It's only for those teams taking advantage of the opportunity.

Comment

It's the same advantage we had over the rest of the Valley when we went to Canada.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I know it's been quoted twice before, but...
                            As soon as Creighton, Evansville and Bradley get their concerts, tractor pulls and swap meets arranged at their rental locations, it’s go time.
                            Sounds like Paul is ready for ValleyTalk.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Suellentrop is an interesting character. In his spare time he authors a blog "devoted to the flavor and tradition of basketball at Catholic colleges and universities": http://passtherock.blogspot.com/ 8)

Comment

Sullentrop is a graduate of a Catholic college.

Comment

Working...
                                X