HCGM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCGM

I had the opportunity to attend the KSHSAA Coaches School in Topeka today. Gregg Marshall spoke for two sessions today; one about Defensive Situations and Specialty plays. HCGM did an excellent job of not only imparting his basketball wisdom (which by the way could be easily seen by even the novice coach in attendance) but keeping the crowd entertained. He made a few jokes and did a great job. He talked in the Offensive Specialty play session for 50 minutes and probably diagrammed 20 different plays for us all to have. It was clear he could have diagrammed 400 more quite easily. He was very enthusiastic about Stutz and took every opportunity to remind us that he had a "rascal of a 7 footer coming in" who could "cause an eclipse when he fronts the post." Thought some of you might enjoy this!

I love you man.....

Thanks for sharing. I had no idea that was going on. Listening to Marshall talk is just great and something I'm sure you'd gladly have spent longer doing.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Gotta luv em!
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Either Marshall is one of the greatest cheerleaders of all time and uses that as a motivational tool - or he sees something in Stutz that can be developed to go way past what his HS performance would indicate.

I think it's a combination of both.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
          Either Marshall is one of the greatest cheerleaders of all time and uses that as a motivational tool - or he sees something in Stutz that can be developed to go way past what his HS performance would indicate.

Watch this a few times and think about a stable of 6'4 guards having free reign to drive knowing the opposing center is more worried about stopping the 3 than guarding the lane.

Garrett Stutz is a multi-threat 7-footer for Wichita State in 2008!
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

An article from the Topeka paper on his visit

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Thanks for the read!

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh

He has said he thinks Stutz is a guy he can build around.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Nice Article Thxs
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

That's a pretty shot and a great point you made.GM said he wanted shot makers and by the look of that sweet stroke he definitely have one in GS.When a team get hit with a few drive and kick threes from a 7 footer it makes for some adjustments in the post,As for the athletic 6-4 guards we have a few of those too.GO Shockers!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X