Rivals.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivals.com

Anybody else think it's about time for rivals.com to have a Wichita State page? Or at least a Valley page?

A page like jawhawk slant, power mizzou, or powercat illustrated?

What does it take to get one?

Appalachian State has one (I know it's all football on that site, but our would be all basketball, baseball).

I'd think a they're missing out on a lot of info that a lot of people through the midwest are pretty interested in.

Re: Rivals.com

Originally posted by vbird53
    Anybody else think it's about time for rivals.com to have a Wichita State page? Or at least a Valley page?

A page like jawhawk slant, power mizzou, or powercat illustrated?

What does it take to get one?

Appalachian State has one (I know it's all football on that site, but our would be all basketball, baseball).

I'd think a they're missing out on a lot of info that a lot of people through the midwest are pretty interested in.
    It would be cool. But I like this non-subscription message board just fine!! :)
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

if you do a search, the subject has come up several times before. but in general, the consensus has been that rivals isn't worth the hassle

Comment

I would love to have a Rivals page. But from what's been said in the past it's not going to happen with this board. Scout is, or at least was an option in the past. If ShockerNet was affiliated with either I'd pay for the premium info. Most sites have both a free and pay board. I know with the Jayhawk board you get a lot of recruiting info and interviews with the players and staff. Occasionally the free members get some of that.

It'd be nice if we also had someone that could specifically follow WSU recruiting and actually interview some of the recruits like those boards do and get WSU specific information. As it is, we have to rely on other sites to do that for them and just hope we're mentioned. I'll take what I can get but that would be nicer.

Most also have free previews so you can see what it is you get when you subscribe. Anyway, I can dream that one day we have something like that...
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
          I would love to have a Rivals page. But from what's been said in the past it's not going to happen with this board. Scout is, or at least was an option in the past. If ShockerNet was affiliated with either I'd pay for the premium info. Most sites have both a free and pay board. I know with the Jayhawk board you get a lot of recruiting info and interviews with the players and staff. Occasionally the free members get some of that.

It'd be nice if we also had someone that could specifically follow WSU recruiting and actually interview some of the recruits like those boards do and get WSU specific information. As it is, we have to rely on other sites to do that for them and just hope we're mentioned. I'll take what I can get but that would be nicer.

Most also have free previews so you can see what it is you get when you subscribe. Anyway, I can dream that one day we have something like that...
          That's why I suggested a Valley page. Perhaps there isn't an overwhelming outcry for a Shocker page, but there are so many Valley fans across the midwest that I think rivals could use someone assigned to get inside access to each of the programs.

Comment

I'm not sure Rivals is interested in Conference pages though. That would be a new endeavour for them.

What would be nice is if all the Valley teams had people interested in joining one of these sites and getting all team sites up. That could only help things and would probably increase participation from those who know about Scout or Rivals but just don't know about the likes of ShockerNet or BlueJayCafe or the others.

At some point, at least one will make the jump.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

WSU has a Scout site, but since it's done by a robo and a writer is not assigned, it's worthless.

I volunteer to receive the blessing of being part of the media on behalf of Shockernet in order to contact recruits. Of course I need a telephone budget. :D
              In the fast lane

Comment

Can I scout and evaluate talent? I'll need a travel budget to go to all the best AAU tournaments :D
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                X