No announcement yet.

Shoot- a-Round 7-23-08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But if Ramon doesn't want to talk about it there's not much the paper can say.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
      I would think if Ramon was going to be out for 2 months or more, that the paper would have done a followup piece about him, and they haven't.
      He was wearing some kind of ‘thingy majiggy’ monitor on the news report… I’m going to be optimistic and assume they’re (they are ;-) ) just being cautious.
      SFL is back!

Comment

Probably a heart monitor for 24 hours, to see if he has an irregular heart rate. If he has an irregular heart beat, it could drop down to a dangerous level, which would mean he wasn't getting enough oxygen to his head, which will make you dizzy or pass out.

I am sure he probably had an EKG too.

Comment

He very well could have been pulling my leg (Because we all know Ramon is a hoot). However, he did it with a sraight face.

Comment

The monitor may have shown a problem that they just want to watch for awhile. However, a couple of months does seem like a long time, particularly if they are not going to let him play and practice at all during that time. I guess we just wait and see. Hope like the blazes it is not anything serious.

Comment

I don't want to scare anybody or raise any false alarms - and I have no information that everybody else doesn't have, but...

...you've got to take some care when a basketball player loses consciousness. Maybe this was an isolated incident because of how hard Ramon was working. Maybe Ramon was a heartbeat away from joining Len Bias and Guy.

I think it's prudent to take some time and do every evaluation possible. There could even be lawyers calling the shots. If Ramon lost consciousness and was allowed to continue conditioning and play without every conceivable medical evaluation and then something worse happened, WSU could be liable in a civil suit.

Marshall has already watched one player die in front of his eyes. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to do that again. Ramon is going to get clearances that few humans ever see before he's put through the stress of conditioning and games again.

I hope it's not a bad sign that injuries are piling up in summer.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The reason that there are more injuries this summer is because they are working harder than before.

Comment

Working...
                X