Hello from Houston / Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Houston / Help?

What's up, Shockernet? This is Nick Rogers. I hope all of you guys in Shocker Nation are well.

Just signing on because I'm going to be visiting and in Wichita tomorrow through the 28th, and I was wondering if any of you guys still have game footage from 05 and or 06. Although my mother came up for some good games, my father never got the chance to, and I wanted to make sure I had some of the best games. And of course, I'd like to have them for myself, too. LOL

I have a couple of games, but they're not TV footage, so the ones on ESPN/Fox Sports/CBS are the ones I'm looking for.

If anyone has any games, you can reach me at nick.rogers0@gmail.com. Any emails will be forwarded to my phone, so I'll be able to reply right away. I'm willing to pay for the trouble.

Thanks!

Nick -- Glad you posted. I can't help wirth the video request, but did want to inquire what you're doing now and how it's going for you? Welcome back to River City even though it is for a brief time. Thanks, too, for your dedication as a Shocker.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I'm doing ok, can't complain. I'm working for as a rep for Sprint right now, but I'm looking to get out of it. I've been trying to get into radio/tv/studio work, but I've had no luck so far. But, it's fine, I don't panic and I know I'll get in at some point.

Comment

I don't know what the copyright rules are about this, but I would think that the Shocker athletic department and the local TV channels would be able to help out former Shocker players in regards to this. I don't have any games myself, however, I may know of a source and will contact them for you. Hope everything is going great for you. Thanks again for being a Shocker!! I'm sure everyone here is quite proud of how you represented WSU.

:wsu_posters: :wsu_posters:

Comment

I truly appreciate it, ShockTalk. :)

Comment

Dude call Bruce Heartle he has always been willing to help people looking for these sorts of things.

Comment

Basketball office probably has some of those games on tape in an archive, at least they used to keep those.

Comment

We could have used your leadership these last couple of years. Thanks for the memories.

Comment

Nick, one of my favorite games of the Turgeon era was the come from behind victory in Springfield. Number 0 hit two big time three pointers to spark the Shockers. I hope you get a copy of that game.

Mike Kennedy has been known to go out of his way to assist alums. I bet he would welcome your call for game tapes and your journalistic endeavors. Good luck.

Comment

Nick:

I have some of those games on CD. I am not in wichita, but would be willing to make copies and mail them to you.

Comment

Nick, this is Joshua and Kyle's dad, when you get to town give me a call. Maybe we can meet once again and go eat dinner or you can come back over for a cook-out once again. Looking forward to seeing you.

Comment

Hey, CalShockFan, that would be great. I think that's you who emailed me, so I'll send you my address.

Hey, Mike! I told the boys I was coming to town, they may have forgotten, cause it was quite a while ago. LOL I'll definitely be calling and visiting you guys while I'm in town.

Comment

Good, I'm looking forward to seeing you once again.

Comment

Nick, you are.......and always will be..........THE MAN here in Wichita.

Great to hear from you!!

Comment

Thanks, shox8498. :) I miss Wichita a lot, for sure.

Thanks to everyone for the replies about the game footage. I think I'm gonna be able to get everything I'm looking for. Much, much, much, much appreciated. Hope to see some of you guys around town before I'm gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X