7-18-08 Shoot-a-Round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-18-08 Shoot-a-Round

Today they shot-a-round in the Practice Gym. Most of the players were there except: Felter, Clemente, Steven and Brett Micheals was there but did not play.
    Stutz and EO battled each other pretty hard. Stutz hit a 3 from about 25 feet. EO grabbed lots of boards and blocked or altered many more.
    Chamberlain and Hanna were on the same team and played well together. Chamberlain I don't think missed from the out side . Hanna did not take as many shots as Chamberlain and both had good floor games. Kyles looked exceptional on defense and was impressive in the open floor with a couple of thundering dunks. Murry had a good solid practice both offensively and defensively.
    Durley had some nice moves for baskets and played good defense geting several blocks. Ellis made some nice shot shots from the outside butneeds to work harder on getting rebounds. His defense is getting better. Gabe is going to be a crowd pleaser. He attacks the boards and plays good defense. Has a outside jumper with a nice arch on it.
    ALL in all I thought it was a pretty good practice and the young looked like they were having fun and enjoying each others company.

Thanks Cowboy.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Re: 7-18-08 Shoot-a-Round

Originally posted by WSU Cowboy
      ALL in all I thought it was a pretty good practice and the young looked like they were having fun and enjoying each others company.
      This is really great news! You just can't say enough about GOOD team chemistry. Just ask anyone who witnessed our Sweet 16 run and up to the Las Vegas tourney the next season -- then compare that with what happened after Las Vegas.

Comment

Thanks for the report WSU Cowboy. Speaking of Vegas---"What happened in Vegas, did not stay in Vegas." However, it looks like we are moving forward now. These new recruits are impressive and learning to play together. It was a great idea having most of our squad here for the summer for 'jump starting' both academics and hooping it. What a fun and interesting Season this will be. Hopefully, Ramon and AJ are feeling better and getting well. It was also an asset that Paul Miller and PJ could join us for several scrimmages this summer.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I must say the reports are great. As a out of towner these are one of the first threads I click on. Keep up the good work. Thanks.
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

A big thanks to all of you who take the time to summarize the scrimmages. Really appreciate the time and effort you take to keep us informed.

Comment

Thanks for the report.I was told that things got pretty heated that day,not in a bad way like fights or anything,but that some of the guys raised their level of competition and the intensity was great to see.Is that something you witnessed also, and if so, can you elaborate on that a little?My source is very reliable but it never hurt to hear it from someone else.

Comment

I live out of town, also. I cannot believe how I pour over these reports, usually reading them 2 or 3 times. I really appreciate them as well. Thanks.

Comment

I love the reports also. I have 3 girls so I cant go watch them play. Can some of you take some pics and post them? That would be awsome. Thanks for all of your insight!!! :posterwu:
                  " If you build it they will come ", Koch Arena

Comment

Kudos to those reports! :yahoo: By the way, when and where are they getting on the court for these balling sessions? I may want to try to check one out before school starts.

Comment

Ditto everyone else - San Antone is a long ways away, and this is the only way I can familiarize myself with the team.

Thanks to Ricky, Cowboy, SubGod, and anybody else who posts the summaries.

Comment

Working...
                      X