No announcement yet.

Stutz makes it look easy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am glad to see Orukpe and Stutz being pitted against each other in the shoot arounds. Maybe Stutz's defense will improve and Orukpe's offense will improve.

Comment

I saw GS the first day he arrived and saw him again just recently and was blown away by his present size. I didn't know they could do that in such a short period of time.The kid is huge,he got to be 250 right now,easily. I didn't see EO the first day but I saw him this time and he look great also.I mean 240 great with long shot blocking arms,when HCGM say they can play at 265 I can believe it and agree with it.They don't look like your typical scrawny freshmen bigmen anymore.(GS 7'0 250, EO 7-0 240)

Comment

Originally posted by Bigshotmaker
        I saw GS the first day he arrived and saw him again just recently and was blown away by his present size. I didn't know they could do that in such a short period of time.The kid is huge,he got to be 250 right now,easily. I didn't see EO the first day but I saw him this time and he look great also.I mean 240 great with long shot blocking arms,when HCGM say they can play at 265 I can believe it and agree with it.They don't look like your typical scrawny freshmen bigmen anymore.(GS 7'0 250, EO 7-0 240)
        You may be right but when the season rolls around many of the kids struggle to maintain the weight they put on because they workout and practice so much and their matabolism is through the roof. Mix with the fact they are poor college students living on mac and cheese and the younger guys really struggle to even maintain their weight over the course of the regular season. Most slowly lose weight as frosh till the season is over.

Comment

Don't the freshman student-athletes live in dorms and eat at the Fairmount Towers cafeteria? Are students limited in the amount of food they can eat?
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
            Don't the freshman student-athletes live in dorms and eat at the Fairmount Towers cafeteria? Are students limited in the amount of food they can eat?
            Nope,....they are usually in the opposite corner of campus and have their own kitchen if they want to use it, but can eat in the cafeteria if they want.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
              Are students limited in the amount of food they can eat?
              No, they can load up.

Comment

Okay - ignorance here. Is there not a training table (I thought I heard that Marshall insisted on one) and if there is, is it not supervised as to the type of food these athletes get?

Comment

To answer your questions... yes and yes i believe. But its not as simple as eat exactly as i say and as much as i say. These kids have metabolisms that are unhuman when in season. Most... all year long. You can add all that weight real easy in the offseason with weights but when you get into the regular season and there is so much more conditioning its a whole nother ballgame as they say.

Comment

There is no training table in terms of the way Coach Marshall would like to have one.

It needs to be sold and sponsored.

I would love to say Shockernet could do it, but frankly it would be a bit too expensive for us.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                      There is no training table in terms of the way Coach Marshall would like to have one.

It needs to be sold and sponsored.

I would love to say Shockernet could do it, but frankly it would be a bit too expensive for us.
                      I'm sure you are right. But what ballpark are we talking about money-wise? Maybe the support is out there, just not tapped into yet.

Comment

Just what would a training table like HCGM wants include exactly???

How many meals a day do schollie players get? Are they part of the schollie?

Does the university provide health supplements for schollies?

And do walkons get the same or not?

Comment

Some may think that if one sport is favored with a training table, then all sports should be favored.

In that event, you are talking mucho dollars.

Comment

Shouldn't pole vaulters and high jumpers try to lose weight? ;-)
                            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                            X