Coach Rohn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Rohn

Hearing that MT hired another Dir. of operations to share duties with Coach Rohn. Then the AAU coach who took MR's place on the staff last year has left. MR was passed over again for the asst. job. Heard he got the info second hand instead of directly from MT. This comes from a pretty reliable source, I know MR still has some good friends in Wichita, has anyone heard anything?

No, but it wouldn't surprise me. I think that assistant's position last year was held by the AAU or HS coach of the seven foot freshman who jumped to the NBA (DeAndre Jordan, maybe?). I would not be surprised if an assistant with a similar contact (i.e. a package deal) fills it again, but that is pure speculation.
    Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

i'm glad that MT is no longer our problem. coach rohn deserves a gig somewhere

Comment

yeah, turgeon was brutal...what did he ever do for us??

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali
          That prack cost me money!

I had to buy overpriced airline tickets, hotel rooms, on uber short notice, and how can I forget all of the eating out at nice restaurants in North Carolina & Washington DC that accompanied the "problems" he caused me :roll:

I must be codependent because I'm hoping for the same results if not more severe in my relationship with HCGM. :yes:

Go Shocks!!!!
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock
            That prack cost me money!

I had to buy overpriced airline tickets, hotel rooms, on uber short notice, and how can I forget all of the eating out at nice restaurants in North Carolina & Washington DC that accompanied the "problems" he caused me :roll:

I must be codependent because I'm hoping for the same results if not more severe in my relationship with HCGM. :yes:

Go Shocks!!!!
            One of your all-time best posts! :)

Comment

i HOPE you realize i was sarcastic.... :D

Comment

re:

Yeah, that Turgeon guy was just awful.

He brought in marginal talent like Miller, Howard, Burns, Kampman, Hogg, Wilson, Cooz, Matty B, Ogirri.

It was pure luck we one on each of the 26 separate occassions in 05-06 and one of the true miracles in sports we made the S16 that year.

Comment

Well I believe he did one of the best if not the best jobs ever done at WSU, I was just surprised that, if true, he would treat MR like this.

Comment

Yes, it was very evident. ;-)

Comment

Yeah, simply piling on with you. I hope you don't mind :D
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Question for someone that believes they really know: How much did Rohn have to do in finding much of the "marginal talent" Hurley mentioned above?

Comment

I don't think Rohn was involved in recruiting those guys, at least the first five or six on the list. I can't recall for sure but it seems like they were recruited before Mike joined the program, or at least before he was at a level where he was handling any recruiting. In fact, I'm not sure if directly recruiting was ever part of his responsibilites. But he may have played a significant role in helping develop those players.
                          Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

I am not so sure we don't have Tad Boyle to thank for a lot of that success...

Comment

It would appear that Coach Boyle played a huge part of our success considering...
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X