Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

The Big Man from Kansas City proving once again, that you can't teach size.

Garrett Stutz is a multi-threat 7-footer for Wichita State in 2008!

T

...8)

Thanks for sharing Cold.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The last video shows Garrett popping a 3, in the games I've been able to watch so far, he knocks it down about half the time.

Just having to defend him all the way out there is going to open things up for everyone else.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
            Thanks for sharing Cold.
            Your welcome.

I took a lot of stuff over a month ago and just haven't had time to share it...

While I'm excited about all the players for next year the Nigerian Nightmare is the one I am BY FAR the most excited about. He has the body, coordination, timing, and brain to be a college superstar. He comes fresh off the boat with an attitude, speed, and a 7 1/2 foot wingspan.

In my opinion the entire program should be built around this man, who I think has the capability to take us deep into the NCAA tournament. Nobody is going to have an answer for the Nightmare's defense when he gets polished. Remember, these videos came when he only had played a few times in the States. His learning curve is massive!

This man is black!

This man has hops!

This man is extremely intelligent!

This man is a tiger on the court!

This man has a seven and a half foot wingspan!

This man won't be a pro wrestler!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
              Thanks for sharing Cold.
              Your welcome.

While I'm excited about all the players for next year the Nigerian Nightmare is the one I am BY FAR the most excited about. He has the body, coordination, timing, and brain to be a college superstar. He comes fresh off the boat with an attitude, speed, and a 7 1/2 foot wingspan.

In my opinion the entire program should be built around this man, who I think has the capability to take us deep into the NCAA tournament. Nobody is going to have an answer for the Nightmare's defense when he gets polished. Remember, these videos came when he only had played a few times in the States. His learning curve is massive!

This man is black!

This man has hops!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

T

...8)
              This man has a better 3 point shot than a 2' jump shot. Trust me on this. I know of which I am speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                Thanks for sharing Cold.
                Your welcome.

This man is black!

This man has hops!

T

...8)
                This man has a better 3 point shot than a 2' jump shot. Trust me on this. I know of which I am speaking.
                Too late Ricky, I have already anointed him. He WILL ascend to his rightful position in Shocker History and he WILL learn that you don't "shoot" 2 foot shots... you flush them.

T

...8)

Comment

if Orukpe can put a little polish on that 10' hook shot (he was working on it going left and right), that could be a nasty weapon. He uses the backboard nicely. Looks like when he tries for more elevation on his shot, his timing is off and he changes the trajectory.

Those were some pretty basic post moves, but it looked like he saw Miller do some things and was trying to learn them.

All Orukpe needs to learn is that he can probably beat a lot of defenders with his first step. Then all the range he needs is 0'.

I liked the 2 clips of Stutz. The putback wasn't a clean rebound, but he hung with the ball, kept tipping it to a spot where he had another chance and eventually pulled it in and put it down. Sweet stroke on the 3-ball. The form, stroke, trajectory and follow-through looked like what you'd expect from a wing, not what you'd expect from an entering 7' Fr.

We've speculated about whether Stutz could become a 2" taller version of Miller. Could he become a 4" taller version of Kyle Wilson? Wilson was pretty quick and had great handles, so it's a tall order, but Stutz is a tall guy.

I still think we're going to see Orukpe at 5 and Stutz at 4 around their Jr years. The prospect of that should give Marshall a shot at a 6'6" or 6'7" wing (2009 recruit) with the quicks to keep up with Valley wings.

A 6'7" wing quick enough to keep up with 6'4" guys is usually a top-100 recruit, but that's within reach when Marshall can tell him, "You're going to be open - A LOT. And there are going to be NBA scouts there to see you".
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                    if Orukpe can put a little polish on that 10' hook shot (he was working on it going left and right), that could be a nasty weapon. He uses the backboard nicely. Looks like when he tries for more elevation on his shot, his timing is off and he changes the trajectory.

Those were some pretty basic post moves, but it looked like he saw Miller do some things and was trying to learn them.

All Orukpe needs to learn is that he can probably beat a lot of defenders with his first step. Then all the range he needs is 0'.

I liked the 2 clips of Stutz. The putback wasn't a clean rebound, but he hung with the ball, kept tipping it to a spot where he had another chance and eventually pulled it in and put it down. Sweet stroke on the 3-ball. The form, stroke, trajectory and follow-through looked like what you'd expect from a wing, not what you'd expect from an entering 7' Fr.

We've speculated about whether Stutz could become a 2" taller version of Miller. Could he become a 4" taller version of Kyle Wilson? Wilson was pretty quick and had great handles, so it's a tall order, but Stutz is a tall guy.

I still think we're going to see Orukpe at 5 and Stutz at 4 around their Jr years. The prospect of that should give Marshall a shot at a 6'6" or 6'7" wing (2009 recruit) with the quicks to keep up with Valley wings.

A 6'7" wing quick enough to keep up with 6'4" guys is usually a top-100 recruit, but that's within reach when Marshall can tell him, "You're going to be open - A LOT. And there are going to be NBA scouts there to see you".
                    I'm still excited about the prospect of:

C - Orupke
                    PF - Stutz
                    SF - Ellis

in about 2-3 years!!! That would be a tough frontcourt to stop if they all keep developing as they should!!
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

The one doubt we can never have again is the recruiting doubt.He just put together an unbelievable recruiting class and the way he thinks nobody is beyond him and this program.The guy was at Winthrope recruiting studs. Kids love playing for him and parents trust him.That combination works because all the kids he recruit can flat out play,and what I like most is they believe in him.Greg Marshall is a winner and he recruits winners.

Comment

C - Orukpe, 7-0
                        PF - Stutz,7-0
                        SF - Ellis, 6-9
                        SG - Murry, 6-5
                        PG -

That line up looks alot like the Syracuse team we beat a few years back.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan
                          C - Orukpe, 7-0
                          PF - Stutz,7-0
                          SF - Ellis, 6-9
                          SG - Murry, 6-5
                          PG -

That line up looks alot like the Syracuse team we beat a few years back.
                          I bet there might be a 6'3" or 6'4" PG to throw into that lineup as well. A team that big on the floor would make most (even the big, big boys) cringe to try and match up with. Coach could surely attract a big point to play with these guys.

And the comment that Aargh made about getting a top 100 kid is very very realistic. If these guys do proress, as they should, then there will be NBA scouts watching them play. NBA teams have already seen what EO has in potential, so that helps. And why stop at a 6'7" wing? Let's go 6'8" or 6'9". Top 25 recruit instead.

And I read that Stutz has already grown an inch? Is he done growing yet? How big is he really gonna end up? He might end up being a 4" taller version of Miller or a 6" taller version of Wilson. That's Dirk Nowitsky like there.

Comment

Size

It has been reported here 2-3 weeks ago by someone who quoted 2 WSU coaches that Garret Stutz is up to 7 ft 1 inch & weighs 236. His goal is to get to 250 by the start of the season. GM has also been quoted in the past that Aaron Ellis is not a 3, swing forward. Of course, I suppose you can read into that that he is creating competion at the power forward spot for other candidates there. Aaron will have to get to a higher weight than 225 where he is now to get much leverage at that position for rebounding.

Comment

You would need a strong willed pg who could control and manage the game on both ends with that lineup.I think we already have him on the roster he just need to emerge.That would be one long lineup.

Comment

Working...
                              X