MEMORIES FROM RIGHT HERE ON SHOCKERNET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO No No the Walrus was Paul!
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
      WAS WRAGGS--PREACHER PORK CHOP AND LESS ALL I GUY?
      Ahhh, one of the great mysteries of our time...
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

What ever happened to Cactus Jack? and Shoxlax?
        Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

Good question DD. Those 2 were quite consistant and sort of dropped off the radar and vanished.

How about the game years ago when Tulsa was still in the Valley and we were playing them in Tulsa for maybe the MVC Championship rights? Of all people, guess who tipped in the key shot for the win? Tom Kosish! Yikes, who would have believed that would happen? T.K called that tip in--------"the shot that was heard around the world!!!"
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Hey Remember the dude that would call the Kosich show after every game and say..
            "Who Betta? Michale Wiggins or Dr. J?"
            I wonder who that was?
            Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

gee I wonda who dat cooda bin....hmmmmmm
              I invented the cross-over dribble in the early 70's

Comment

DD---Please tell us that was not you baby! That was hilarious when he did that. Reminds me of our sweet victory at the Battle of New Orleans over KU. Of course, lot's of things remind me of that war story as I reviewed and drilled the details over and over and over for KU Dave right here live on S.N.. Sort of like a broken record that went platinum.

Comment

After the first time or two, my buddies Cactus Jack and Shoxlax would call me after every game to make sure I called in again.
                  "Whoo Betta, John Coopa or Dr. J?"
                  I invented the cross-over dribble in the early 70's

Comment

Here is the deal. We now have a new beginning in WSU basketball. Correct me if I am wrong. Last year was one of best starts ever in WSU history---- followed by a semi- collapse----No 8 in the Country to a no show to Post Season play. We went to very high and visible on a National scale---- to knee high to a grasshopper.

A game to remember a few years ago was against a hot Illinois team. I think they were coming off a 2nd place finish at the Dance the year before. Yes, we barely lost but----what a game!!! Yes Coach T took us to a higher level and many of us are grateful for that. Under his leadership, we went places we have longed to visit. Back in the old days before ESPN, WSU dominated the Big 10.

In steps Marshall Law. A key to his success this year was the return of PJ. PJ will be among the elite in the Valley this year and a MVP in the Valley would NOT be a shock. :shock: CGM is a proven winner and has surrounded himself with an impressive staff. What an awesome job he did in a short stint in recruiting. The excitement this fine City has for our new Coach and this coming Season is like a pressure cooker that could burst in due time. Yes, we need to give him ample time to produce. However, I look for this very year to be a step forward and something we Shocker fans can be very proud of. Shocker basketball is alive and well on Planet earth---3rd rock from the sun---and the sky is not falling but rather---the sky is the limit. Can u dig that??? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Comment

Didn't the Mo/Randy falling out news break on Shockernet? That is the way I remember it.
                      Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane
                        Didn't the Mo/Randy falling out news break on Shockernet? That is the way I remember it.
                        Everything breaks on ShockerNet Denny. That's just the way it is... lol :D

If something is a-happening in Shocker basketball land...us die-hards know to check here for details, opinions and truths (even if it's only half the truth - lol). :good:
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane
                          To quote a Shockernet legend "I believe you are correcto"
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

This year, we seem set and strong in the guard dept. I have to believe that Coach Marshall is working overtime in his efforts to get our Center here by Oct. It will be interesting to see how various players adapt to his new System. Case in point was the solid Senior years of Henry Carr and Gary Cundiff under Coach Fogler versus their flat years their Junior year under Gene Smithson. Actually, I hope CGM turns MB and GM loose more to shoot the rock and score more. I'm thinking he can get PT back on track for us as well. PJ will be a player with a mission this year and I believe he will have a banner year we can all be proud of as a Senior.

Comment

There was an exert in the paper today about the emphasis CGM is putting on conditioning. It reminded me of stories from way back of the extra conditioning that A. Carr and X did on their own. Both players just kept improving each year and ended up in the NBA. During the Gene Smithson years, the players had to run a mile under a certain amount of time. A.C. would win that race wearing boots it has beem said. It was not unusual to hear A.C. would be running the stairs on his own at the football stadium or at Levitt.

The article today mentioned that Mantas G. had the most dunks in an allotted time followed closely by Arbury Butler. Something tells me that MB and PJ will be our top scorers this year and Clemente and PJ will be our best rebounders.

Comment

Here's the article FSF mentioned.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X