Durley??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durley??

Durley is a big question mark. He could be a major force this year or he could be responsible for making sure the bench doesn't levitate to the CKA ceiling.

I don't recall much and can't find much about him in the reports on pickup games.

Has anybody seen anything that leads them to believe he will be about the same as last year or not?
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Obviously it's tough to tell from one game. And D isn't the biggest priority during these summer events. But I question him at this point. Defensively he did nothing last saturday. Offensively I think he only got inside 15 feet 2 or 3 times. He just kept jacking up 3's. He made his fair share but it didn't give me that good of a feeling. He has a lot of competition and is going to have to earn any PT or wait for mop up minutes.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Of all the players that i have watched at the pick up games, I would say he has the most work to do to get in "playing shape".

Comment

Durley is a free wheeler, playground baller. To play good organized ball, he needs a good coach that will stay on him, and bring him into the fold, so to speak.

I think Durley will be better this year, as most Freshmen to Sophmore players get better, but not a whole lot. The coach will contain his Offense some to around the basket mostly, which Durley is good at, and probably ride him on Defense.

I do expect more out of him this coming year though, and I think he will deliver.

Comment

This year Durley will surely :) have to prove himself in practice. There are just too many options at his natural position (Ramon, Gris, Ellis) to put him out there during games if he isn't progressing in practice.

Although he may get some minutes at the 5 out of necessity, depending on Garrett and Ehimen.

Comment

Yall still don't get it,this kid is gonna put in work this year.He is working extremely hard this summer.He's going to every class,he haven't missed any lift times,he and Ramon are verbally running the summer games, which shows leadership.I think that's what we want out of the kid.His priorties are in order.He knows about being on the bubble ,HCGM had a man's talk with him right after the season and so far he has responded.He said the only way he was going to win people over was by going out and getting the job done.That to me sounds like a kid that's got something to prove,I'm gonna give him the space to prove it.

Comment

Verbally running the summer games? I agree that Ramon is but my on visit to the Chuck, I didn't see anything that would say that JT is leading anything other than 3pt attempts.

Don't get me wrong, I've been in JTs corner and have seen the potential. I've said since his first year here that he could be all conference if he wants to be. I still hope we do see that as it would be best for him and WSU. But I'm still not seeing it and won't believe it until I do.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Fair enough.

Comment

When JT gets the ball near the basket, you know he's going to find a way to lay it in. I wish he would improve his defense because I love his moves under the basket.
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Dude need a cross-over dribble nom sayin? ah meen he cud be da man if he no wassup. Hangin out da 3 point line an cant get free to jack it caus dude need a cross-over dribble. thas all I sayin is dude need a cross-over, then he get free to wheel an deal or stop an pop nom sayin?
                    I invented the cross-over dribble in the early 70's

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoelace
                      Dude need a cross-over dribble nom sayin? ah meen he cud be da man if he no wassup. Hangin out da 3 point line an cant get free to jack it caus dude need a cross-over dribble. thas all I sayin is dude need a cross-over, then he get free to wheel an deal or stop an pop nom sayin?
                      Yeaaaa Boooiiiii
                      ________
                      Hawaii dispensary
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

I've heard from sources that he has developed some unbelievable post moves. I've heard that he's tough to stop under the basket.

Haven't seen it myself but I've heard from a couple of watchers.

Comment

He has always had good moves under the basket. When spun on Falker down low last year and left him in the dust, it was clear that JT could score.

I would venture to say that nobody questions his offensive ability (shot selection is questionable but he can score).

The report I want to hear is that he isn't letting his man get lost underneath for a lay in or that he has learned to defend low post players without fouling. Even just being average defensively would make him a top-tier player in the Valley because he can be a game changer offensively.

Comment

When Durley finds the D, WSU finds an MVC trophy. That pretty much sums it up.

Comment

Working...
                            X