Beasley's first practice as a NBA player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beasley's first practice as a NBA player

Rookie forward Michael Beasley did not finish his first practice with the Miami Heat summer league team Wednesday after being struck in the chest by a teammate's elbow.

I know they said they had him go to the Dr. as a precaution, but you have to wonder what the rest of the players on the team will think about it. Looks like the pros might be a little more physical for Mikey.

OMG that has to look bad,
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

The NBA has a lot of big, strong men. It is not uncommon for someone to get knocked on their @$$. Don't read more into it than what it is. Beasley got knocked on his @$$.

Comment

Welcome to rookie initiation to the NBA, Mike.

After what Miami paid Mike they're not going to take 1 chance in a million.

This is sort of a non-story.

NBA rookie gets clocked in an early practice - that's par for the course.

2nd overall pick gets hit by anything larger than a mosquito - medical sheckup - gotta protect that investment.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Hairline fracture of his sternum. Will be back in 3-5 days. Update from J-mart:

Update on Michael Beasley’s injury Spoke with Joel Bell, Mike’s agent, this morning.

In Beasley’s first (summer league) practice with the Miami Heat - after he signed a contract, Bell pointed out - he was driving to the basket and received an accidental elbow in the chest. Heat officials were concerned and took Beasley to the hospital. It was discovered Beasley has a hairline fracture of his sternum, and the No. 2 pick will sit out 3-5 days. Beasley did return for an evening session, participating in shooting drills, etc., and he’ll probably still make his Heat (summer league) debut Monday against the Chicago Bulls.

Clearly, it was a fluke.

“He’s never been injured in a 100 years,” Bell said.

Thanks for caring.......

Comment

Originally posted by BCSCat

Update on Michael Beasley’s injury Spoke with Joel Bell, Mike’s agent, this morning.

In Beasley’s first (summer league) practice with the Miami Heat - after he signed a contract, Bell pointed out - he was driving to the basket and received an accidental elbow in the chest. Heat officials were concerned and took Beasley to the hospital. It was discovered Beasley has a hairline fracture of his sternum, and the No. 2 pick will sit out 3-5 days. Beasley did return for an evening session, participating in shooting drills, etc., and he’ll probably still make his Heat (summer league) debut Monday against the Chicago Bulls.

Clearly, it was a fluke.

Thanks for caring.......
            Damn, from now on he will be referred to as SuperMike… he has super healing powers.
            I have a hard time believing that a hairline fracture of the sternum will heal in 3-5 days? Something sure doesn’t add up here?
            Regardless, I like SuperMike! :good:
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

They'll give him a red jersey so his teammates will konw not to touch him.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
                Originally posted by BCSCat

Clearly, it was a fluke.

Thanks for caring.......
                Damn, from now on he will be referred to as SuperMike… he has super healing powers.
                I have a hard time believing that a hairline fracture of the sternum will heal in 3-5 days? Something sure doesn’t add up here?
                Regardless, I like SuperMike! :good:
                all 100 yr old people heal super quick like.

Comment

That story don't sound right to me either.Fractured sternum?

Comment

Working...
                  X