Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another piece of the scheduling puzzle is put in place...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another piece of the scheduling puzzle is put in place...

Centenary will play here in Wichita on Nov. 24th. Nothing exciting there, but definately don't want to overload a non-conf schedule on an extremely young team. Plenty of tough battles for the Shockers as it is in the non-conf schedule (including the tourney in Orlando). Not saying this game is a gimmie for a young team, but definately not something that gets me all excited either. But I definately see the reason behind the scheduling.

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Centenary is the alma mater of "The Chief" Robert Parrish. I got no problems with that scheduling.

Maybe we should schedule Minnesota and get the "Original Big Three" trifecta.

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

Re: Another piece of the scheduling puzzle is put in place..

Originally posted by shockerfan
      Centenary will play here in Wichita on Nov. 24th. Nothing exciting there, but definately don't want to overload a non-conf schedule on an extremely young team. Plenty of tough battles for the Shockers as it is in the non-conf schedule (including the tourney in Orlando). Not saying this game is a gimmie for a young team, but definately not something that gets me all excited either. But I definately see the reason behind the scheduling.

http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/
      Its definitely a gimme, but there's nothing wrong with having a couple "gimme games" for the coaches to use to experiment with lineups, tinker with different offensive sets and work on different presses and zone defenses.[/u]

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum

Its definitely a gimme, but there's nothing wrong with having a couple "gimme games" for the coaches to use to experiment with lineups, tinker with different offensive sets and work on different presses and zone defenses.[/u]
        Exactly. But I think some people won't consider anything a gimme based off of last season and the number of new players. I have confidence that this is a game we'll definitely win and hopefully get some guy game experience and a familiarity with things before heading off to Disney.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Gary’s first season at the helm of the Centenary program will see the Gents take on four Big 12 squads, two SEC schools, one of the elite teams in the Missouri Valley Conference,
          :wsu_posters:

Comment

Ahh.. the DA philosophy. How many gimmes does Creighton plan on stocking up on this year?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

DA is actually right though

Comment

I certainly will not knock the circitus (sorry couldn't resist Jay fans) Dean of Valley coaches. Having roomed with one of his players from K-State (after college) I have complete respect and will not question his integrity nor doubt his proven record.

I will say "watchout!".

Go Shockers!!!!!
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Saw on the Bradley board that WSU plays U of N Dakota Fighting Soiux at Koch on Dec.22nd. Someone at that site posted UND sched that was just released. So, how close is that to filling out the schedule.

:posterwu:

Comment

I hope our friend from Omaha is correct about the gimmie. I think the Shocks will be better this season than last but it's relative and to me nothing will be a gimmie this season :(

Go Valley!!

Go Shocks!!!!
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

That would make UND the last game, correct?

Comment

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Says that the non-con schedule is complete.

Comment

Does anyone know when the very first game is? Exhibition or non-conf.

I got a basketball itch that only the Shockers can scratch!!! :goshocks: :goshocks:

Comment

Downloadable schedules into outlook/treos schedules with Shocker ringtone reminders rule.....can't wait for that to happen!

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

WuDrWu - when the schedule is out, I always convert it to .csv that I can then import into outlook easily. I'll share the csv if you remind me.

Comment

Working...
                              X