• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008-09 Walkons

Noone has really brought up who the walkons for this coming season will be:

Brett Burley
    Brett Michael

were here last year? Will both be here for the coming season?

Reggie Britton is suppose to walkon this coming season.

Isn't 18 the total number of players a team can have, with 15 being suited up for a game?

Have the walkons been participating in the pickup games? Were they required to be here this summer like the schollies were?

Also, have Hatch and Preadom been participating in the pickup games? If not, are we through recruiting for the 2008-09 season?

From what I've heard so far, Bret Michael is going to be walking on again, I haven't heard anything official on Brett Burley but he didn't take part in spring workouts so, if that's any indication take it for what it's worth.

Comment

I don't believe there's any limit on how many players you can have. Just that you can have 13 on scholarship and can suit up 15 for games. If there is a total limit I've never heard it.

At one point there was talk of a local kid from Trinity that was going to walk on. I forget the name at the moment and don't remember if there was anything official.

Also, I believe Hatch is spending most of the summer in AZ with his new bride.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
        I don't believe there's any limit on how many players you can have. Just that you can have 13 on scholarship and can suit up 15 for games. If there is a total limit I've never heard it.

At one point there was talk of a local kid from Trinity that was going to walk on. I forget the name at the moment and don't remember if there was anything official.

Also, I believe Hatch is spending most of the summer in AZ with his new bride.
        The kid from Trinity Academy is Cole Graddy, but I haven't heard anything new on whether he is walking on either.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Based on comments from Coach Marshall, I anticipate that as long as the person can contribute to the team (intensity in practice, GPA, etc), that they will be part of the team. He has commented many times about the frustrations of not being able to have a full scrimmage last year, and he knows that there will probably be times where 2-5 players may need to rest a less severe injury between games and still need enough players to scrimmage.

Comment

I hope Bret walks on again. After the offseason turnover he's got the most D-1 experience of all the guards.

j/k

BTW: It's Bret Michael. Not Brett. One T.
            Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
            Students > Alumni
            If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
            The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

I've also heard noises that Mason Felter (formerly of Bishop Carroll) may be transferring from Dodge City CC to walk on, but if he does walk on, he'll probably redshirt.

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

I heard that Brett Favre, Brett Harris, and George Brett were all planning to walk on as well. Do we have enough roster spots or will they be redshirting?
                I invented the cross-over dribble in the early 70's

Comment

Since we're out of schollies, the only question remaining is will Tyrone walk on?
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                    Since we're out of schollies, the only question remaining is will Tyrone walk on?
                    Is Tyrone allowed to teach his deadly cross-over dribble to this growing team of Bretts?
                    "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

but will he be able to tie is own shoelaces?

Comment

for anyone who went to the pick up games today, do you know who the big (white kid) with the gray sleeveless shirt was?? Someone mentioned that he may be a walk on---

Comment

Originally posted by melcong4
                          for anyone who went to the pick up games today, do you know who the big (white kid) with the gray sleeveless shirt was?? Someone mentioned that he may be a walk on---
                          Might be John Feltner.

He is about 6-7 with a light frame.

He has a low and slow release.

Comment

he was a lefty - -and decently impressive.

Comment

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but when the NCAA found out about the money I raked in playing school yard hoops, I lost my amature status. Therefore I will not be playing for the Shox this year.
                              However, the ruling is under appeal.
                              I invented the cross-over dribble in the early 70's

Comment

Working...
                              X