Anthony Grant and Mike Davis News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Grant and Mike Davis News

Virginia Commonwealth and men's basketball coach Anthony Grant have agreed in principle to a contract extension and raise to keep him at the school through the 2013-14 season.

Grant signs extension through 2013-2014 season

RICHMOND, Va. -- Virginia Commonwealth Rams and men's basketball coach Anthony Grant have agreed in principle to a contract extension and raise that will keep him at the school through the 2013-14 season.

"Coach Grant has had a significant positive impact on the entire university, not just athletics," VCU president Eugene Trani said Thursday. "We have tremendous confidence in what he will be able to do going forward."

Grant has guided VCU to a 52-15 overall record and two Colonial Athletic Association regular-season titles in his two years.

The Rams beat Duke and advanced to the second round of the NCAA tournament in Grant's first season, but lost in the CAA semifinals this year and were eliminated in their opening game of the National Invitation Tournament.

Terms of the contract were not released.

Mike Davis gets a 2 year extension, $25K raise

UAB coach Mike Davis received a two-year contract extension and a $25,000 raise.

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- UAB coach Mike Davis received a two-year contract extension and a $25,000 raise Thursday.

The new deal was approved by the compensation committee of the University of Alabama System Board of Trustees. It runs through the 2012-13 season.

Davis also got a raise in his base salary to $625,000, along with increased incentives. Davis will receive a $35,000 bonus for an NCAA tournament appearance and $100,000 for leading the team to the national championship game.

The Blazers went 23-11 last season and played in the NIT.

Davis should thank Cousins for the raise.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
      Davis should thank Cousins for the raise.
      That's for sure. If a guy like Cousins can be attracted to UAB there's no reason not to believe that we won't be able to attract a high level recruit here in time.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Cousins is to UAB what Evans was to WSU. He is a local kid looking to make the team he watched growing up better. I believe Davis has a better chance of making it work.

Comment

For some reason I was thinking Cousins was from Georgia. Now that I think of it I believe that's Favors.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Yep, Favors is from the Atlanta area.

Cousins is from Mobile.

Comment

Tamir Jackson has de-verballed to UAB, reopening his recruitment. Rumor is that DeMarcus (who is close friends with Tamir) may also reopen his recruitment.

Stay tuned!!

Comment

I'd heard a rumor of Cousins maybe looking elsewhere....

I doubt it happens.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Was that $25,000 for Davis a gas allowance????

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                    Tamir Jackson has de-verballed to UAB, reopening his recruitment. Rumor is that DeMarcus (who is close friends with Tamir) may also reopen his recruitment.

Stay tuned!!
                    Cousins has denied the rumor.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Tamir Jackson headed to Rice.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                        Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown

Stay tuned!!
                        Cousins has denied the rumor.
                        Looks like rumors were right.

DeMarcus did not sign with UAB, is also considering Memphis, Washington, North Carolina State, Louisville, and Alabama along with UAB.

Comment

Everything I've read has said Cousins has intended on waiting until spring to make sure the coach will still actually be there. That's apparently the only thing that has him leaning towards UAB.

He was never expected to sign in the fall.

Unless things have changed recently.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                          X