Cooz playing in Barnstorming Tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooz playing in Barnstorming Tour?

Is PJ going to participate in the KU Barnstorming Tour Friday night? I know Paul Miller and Terrell Benton are playing.

Or what about Lance Harris since he is a current senior student-athlete as well? Will he play?

I heard this is a nice little money-maker for the player.

id like to go but wont be able to pay for tickets.

Last I heard there was like 150 left anybody know? also if they are still left will I be able to go up to the door at East on Friday?

Comment

Lance and PJ could play...If you remember, Paul played in it his senior year. As long as their senior season is over, there isn't much they can't do. They get paid for a lot of these autograph sessions as well.

Comment

Did Brandon Rush participate in this tour two years ago? I know they auctioned off a pair of his shoes, complete with an autograph.

Comment

I suppose it's no different than hawking the KU National Champs balls on their website.

Comment

Rush didn't play two years ago. As I recall, Rush' autographed shoes went for $400. Consider that they travel state, that's adds up to a nice little payday. The only item auctioned off for WSU was Miller's game jersey. No undergrad stuff. No Sweet 16 stuff. No Turg stuff. Just Miller.

There is a difference between the school selling memorabilia and a touring team selling memorabilia for (ahem) "expenses".

You could smell the stench of cash.
            Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

Maybe tainted cash smells, but the good kind is nicely fragrant.

I suspect Rush needed a little cash at the time. Look at it this way, certainly it went towards his deadbeat child support payment.

Comment

How did this game go? Did Paul, PJ and the 'Wichita All-Stars' give the KU guys a run for their money? I've never been to one of these before, so I have no idea how 'serious' the basketball playing is in it. It would be fun to see Paul vs. Kaun though...

Comment

Terrell Benton reported that the Wichita guys were down four with several minutes to go. The KU team brought several kids out of the crowd and helped them play for the KU team. Well, of course the Wichita guys let the little tykes score. Whatcha gonna do, block their shot? So the KU "team" ran off 14 points or so to finish off the game.

Comment

Ok, I see the type of game it was. Regardless, I bet it was fun to see Paul play again along with Cooz and the rest.

Comment

Working...
                    X