This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor Eldridge's KU Article in The Sunflower

I just finished talking to taylor via MSN Messenger, and i showed him the posts about his story on here... and he mentioned that he had a version of the story that was on facebook, that he had spent more time doing research on...

Unfortunately he had to rush his story into the sunflower due to a deadline.
    and he told me hes a lil embarassed about some of the errors he made.

he gave me this statement and sent me a document in word with the completed story... Taylor does not have an account here... so he is using me as a mouthpiece.

"I realize that the story printed in the Sunflower had several inaccuracies and came off the wrong way. I have read all the feedback and don't blame you for bashing on me, but since I have re-written it and am now confident in it. In response to me being a Kansas State fan, I am indeed a Wildcat for life and am not ashamed of it. I state several times in the editorial that I am somewhat bitter but I also make it very clear that I respect KU's program and the true KU fans. I am not saying that KU is the only program that cheats, beacuse KSU and WSU have cheated as well. But what I am trying to bring up is the lack of knowledge that KU has several major violations and how they have always came away with punishments that can be considered  minor. And in response to me being a KSU fan attending WSU, I love KSU but my job(Wichita Eagle) has kept me here in Wichita. I by no means claim to be the best columnist and I am still learning...as you can tell, I am definitely a sports writer though just not a columnist. Last time I wrote it in about an hour sitting in class, but now I have changed several parts and am I am not ashamed of this one. Remember, it is only my OPINION and I am not talking about every Jayhawk fan. Just the many that I have encountered." Taylor Eldridge

[Staff edit: 1. Do not post the entire contents of an article. Refer to the posting guidelines.
    2. There is already a topic for discussing this. Feel free to re-post the above portion there.]
    "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
    CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."
Working...
X