Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State to Hold Garage Sale October 7

(posted on GoShockers.com, 9/21/17)

“The Wichita State athletic department will be holding a garage sale on Saturday, Oct. 7, from 8 a.m. to noon in the AETNA Multi-Purpose Gym, at Charles Koch Arena.”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Spometimes you can find some pretty cool stuff. Years ago I picked up a Jamie Bluma duffel bag with a broken zipper pretty cheap. Had the baseball WuShock his number and name. Got a new zipper and gave it to my son for Christmas that year.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
      Spometimes you can find some pretty cool stuff. Years ago I picked up a Jamie Bluma duffel bag with a broken zipper pretty cheap. Had the baseball WuShock his number and name. Got a new zipper and gave it to my son for Christmas that year.
      Did you just put the new zipper in the bottom of the bag?
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        (posted on GoShockers.com, 9/21/17)

“The Wichita State athletic department will be holding a garage sale on Saturday, Oct. 7, from 8 a.m. to noon in the AETNA Multi-Purpose Gym, at Charles Koch Arena.”

http://goshockers.com/news/2017/9/21...2-5a82d53ca173
        So has anyone seen the price list they said would be available this week?

Comment

I pinged the GoShockers account on Twitter. Turns out the WSU Equipment Dept has their own twitter account as well. They posted a pic of one of the baseball jerseys on sale this morning, but no price list yet.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
            I pinged the GoShockers account on Twitter. Turns out the WSU Equipment Dept has their own twitter account as well. They posted a pic of one of the baseball jerseys on sale this morning, but no price list yet.
            Did you see any full scale authentic game day WSU hockey sweaters?

Comment

You wound me, sir.

Comment

You wound me, sir.
                Doc is a helluva guy, huh?
                78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Did you see any full scale authentic game day WSU hockey sweaters?
                  But I did see a hockey puck or two...Don Rickles

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    But I did see a hockey puck or two...Don Rickles
                    Oh, you've been to Congress. [Sorry, I just HAD to -- please do not let this derail this thread further]
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Not exactly garage sale related but there will be a silent auction going on at Jabara Airport tomorrow (Oct 7th) during the EAA flyin. One of the items is a WSU basketball signed by Gregg Marshall. There may be other WSU items as well.

:shameless aviation plug: It should be an opportunity to see a bunch of cool planes (including some rare ones) and if you have kids or grandkids in the 8-17 range they can get a free airplane ride through the Young Eagles program. :end shameless aviation plug:
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

There is nothing to be ashamed about touting free airplane rides for kids.

Comment

So, some years ago, there was a silent auction right after one of the home games that featured game-worn jerseys by the current players. I put in a sizeable bid on the Graham Hatch jersey, only to have some yahoo (sorry if that yahoo is reading this) snipe me at the last second.

Saturday morning, I got my Graham Hatch jersey ANYWAY, and for a hell of a lot less than I would have paid at the silent auction.

Oh, and I got another jersey from another guy you may have heard of: Toure Murry.

So .... karma? I think @ShockBand: got a Darren Dreifort baseball jersey. I know he made off with the other Graham Hatch jersey they had.

Comment

For reference, all of the jerseys seemed to be from the early-mid Marshall era. I think the most recent player I saw was a Darius Carter jersey. I remember seeing Preadom(!), Stevens, Griskanas (that one made me sad), Orukpe, Clemente, Ragland, Kyles, Felter, and there were LOTS of Jake White jerseys still available when I left. :)

Comment

For reference, all of the jerseys seemed to be from the early-mid Marshall era. I think the most recent player I saw was a Darius Carter jersey. I remember seeing Preadom(!), Stevens, Griskanas (that one made me sad), Orukpe, Clemente, Ragland, Kyles, Felter, and there were LOTS of Jake White jerseys still available when I left. :)
                              What were the prices for the jerseys if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Working...
                              X