Nine Minutes Of Cotton's Career Highlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nine Minutes Of Cotton's Career Highlights

This was attached to a tweet from FVV where Fred called out Cotton as his favorite basketball player ever.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    This was attached to a tweet from FVV where Fred called out Cotton as his favorite basketball player ever.

Who am I to argue with FVV. :smug:

Comment

Too bad he's still wanted for questioning in Nebraska and Douglas County for the disappearance of Wayne Selden.

(No, I will NEVER EVER let that go. Get used to it.)

Comment

I can't remember which NCAA game it was but the CBS crew was in the Shox locker room before the game and Marshall was talking about Tekele being matched up against the other team's star scorer. Marshall's pause, wry smile and comment to the effect of "we'll see how that works out" turned out to be prophetic as Mr. Cotton, like he did to just about every player he had to guard, just shut the guy down and it was a key to us winning the game.

One of my all time favorite Shocker BB players. The guy was just bad ass but didn't wear it on his sleeves. He just brought his lunch pail and went to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
          I can't remember which NCAA game it was but the CBS crew was in the Shox locker room before the game and Marshall was talking about Tekele being matched up against the other team's star scorer. Marshall's pause, wry smile and comment to the effect of "we'll see how that works out" turned out to be prophetic as Mr. Cotton, like he did to just about every player he had to guard, just shut the guy down and it was a key to us winning the game.

One of my all time favorite Shocker BB players. The guy was just bad ass but didn't wear it on his sleeves. He just brought his lunch pail and went to work.
          That was the Gonzaga game. I remember. "Cotton you have Pangos .... which will be an interesting night for him."

Pangos did end up with 19 points .... on 6-17 shooting (3 of it at the line).

Comment

I believe it was the 2013 Pittsburgh game. Tears resulted.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
              That was my memory too. Woodall had 2 points that game on 1/12 shooting.

Comment

Always a good thing to have one more thing in common with FVV.

Comment

Cotton was (is) Unstoppable.

He had more moves that a 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.'

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                    I have both the Gonzaga and Pittsburgh games recorded so I now have a weekend project. I thought it was the Gonzaga game as well but now you've got me thinking it might have been the Pittsburn game.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure that scene played out before every game, particularly the last two years TC was at Wichita State, we just didn't get to witness it on TV!

Comment

Watching that reel just made me remember how much I LOVED watching Fred, Ron, and Tekele play together. I remember telling my dad we may never see chemistry like this ever again on a basketball court in college at WSU or anywhere. It was incredible.

Comment

The locker room line was from Gonzaga, just like HockeyShock said...but Tekele did make Tray Woodall from Pitt cry too.

Speaking of which, that annoyed me. I heard so many pundits who talked about how Woodall getting teary at the podium was so sad...how it shows the other side of March Madness, guys who work all their lives to have it end so quickly. I'm sorry...but I don't remember people feeling sorry for Garrett Stutz after not playing well in his ONE game ever playing in the NCAA Tournament. Woodall got to play in 3 NCAA Tournaments. Dude had plenty of chances.
                        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by wheathead View Post
                          Watching that reel just made me remember how much I LOVED watching Fred, Ron, and Tekele play together. I remember telling my dad we may never see chemistry like this ever again on a basketball court in college at WSU or anywhere. It was incredible.
                          Gregg is the ultimate competitor, so he would have never actually done this...but I remember thinking going into Tekele's senior year with Ron, Fred, and Evan also in the starting lineup that there were times where Gregg could have taken a seat on the bench to eat a snack or take a quick nap...and the team would have been just fine without him. There wasn't that much coaching that needed done with those four on the floor together.
                          78-65

Comment

Check check check check check check check check check and checkā€¦
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                              I have both the Gonzaga and Pittsburgh games recorded so I now have a weekend project. I thought it was the Gonzaga game as well but now you've got me thinking it might have been the Pittsburn game.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure that scene played out before every game, particularly the last two years TC was at Wichita State, we just didn't get to witness it on TV!
                              Gregg originally used the "should be an interesting day" line prior to the Pittsburgh game in reference to Cotton and Woodhall. To be fair he used a similar line prior to the Gonzaga game.
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                              X