2017-18 Preseason Polls Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017-18 Preseason Polls Predictions

Where do you think the Shockers will start appearing over the next couple of months, particularly on the AP Writers/Coaches Polls?

I think we will average pretty close to 7th (plus or minus 1 place). I think there is a real possibility the Shockers might even get a few first place votes.

Here are my top 10:

1. Duke
    2. Michigan State
    3. Arizona
    4. Kansas
    5. Kentucky
    6. Louisville
    7. Wichita State
    8. Villanova
    9. USC
    10. Florida
    6th or lower
    34.38%
    7th
    18.75%
    8th
    21.88%
    9th
    9.38%
    10th or higher
    15.63%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by WuShock Reaper; September 18, 2017, 10:46 AM.

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
    Where do you think the Shockers will start appearing over the next couple of months, particularly on the AP Writers/Coaches Polls?
    I've already seen a few people bumping WSU down until they know how well Shamet recovers. I'd expect Top 10 or Top 15 at worst.

Comment

I think you messed up the your options...

I assume you meant to do the following???

6th or higher
      7th
      8th
      9th
      10th or lower

Edit...
      Higher would mean better and lower would mean worse, but now that I think about what you did I think I know what you were trying to say...just the wrong terms

Comment

I think we will average pretty close to 7th (plus or minus 1 place). I think there is a real possibility the Shockers might even get a few first place votes.

Here are my top 10:

1. Duke
        2. Michigan State
        3. Arizona
        4. School which shall not be named
        5. Kentucky
        6. Louisville
        7. Wichita State
        8. Villanova
        9. USC
        10. Florida
        FIFY
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Here are my top 10:

1. Duke
          2. Michigan State
          3. Arizona
          4. Evil, Pure and Simple
          5. Entitled Mouth-Breathing Inbred Junior-High Dropouts Who Think Shaming Opposing Coach's Families Is Acceptable Behavior
          6. Louisville
          7. Wichita State
          8. Villanova
          9. USC
          10. Florida
          I like this version.

Comment

All along, I am trying to take all this 'early on Shocker hype on steroids' with caution. Here is still my stance. "The Shockers should be somewhere in the top 15 through the duration of the Season. Where will we be early on? I'm thinking close to 10th. Yes, I believe we will win the AAC but will battle Cincinnati to possibly even the last game of the Season for the Ship. Now for what really matters. Where will we finish? Sweet 16 for sure IMO. Elite 8 is a strong possibility IMO. However, my fearless Prediction is a Final 4 Shocker finish along with Duke, Michigan State, and Arizona. If there was a Season we could pull this off, with 6 Seniors along with LS and MM and quality depth, this is our big chance IMO."

In conclusion, it is not always how you start that counts as much as how you finish. Yes, I have confidence our Shocks led by our Coaching Staff will give their 'all in all, Play Angry, MTXE efforts' at this opportunity before us. Shocker Nation is blessed to have such devotion representing us. Life is a lot like this too. We live in a uncertain world where each of us needs to know for sure where your finish line heading to eternity leads. John 3:16 tells of my choice and I pray yours too.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

One thing I'm relatively certain about: We'll finish the season ranked higher than where we start it.

Comment

I feel like 16 of you haven't been paying attention the past few years. But I hope you are right.

Comment

After making a trip to the NCAA tournament in 2012, the Wichita State Shockers lost its top five leading scorers and entered the 2013 season with nine new fa...

A glimpse back of one of our past Final 4 showings as we start a Season of new beginnings. What is a Shocker? Stay tuned.

Comment

Memory Lane after the huge win over the Zags who were a very tough team that Season.. Coach Marshall mentions "these guys don't worry about individual stats but focus on winning!!!!!!!!!!!"

This Season's team has the ingredients to put something special together too. It will be fun watching a very experienced team with quality depth like maybe never before here at WSU. The Shocks starting five is very good as is our 2nd 5 and we even go deeper than that. Yes, it comes down to taking a game at a time and searching for team improvements every game as the Shocks build toward a strong finish keeping focused to the Shocker Team Plan.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

If we go out and win our big non con games this year, that will be significant.

Perhaps the new conference will allow us to relieve some pressure that we have had to perform in those games in previous years.

I dont want to put too much emphasis on them, but given we havent performed in them lately, winning those, in my opinion, will signal a top 10 squad.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

If we win Maui, we ride pretty high all season. A bad Maui trip and we are climbing out of the 20's. Other than publicity, it matters not. Barring disaster, we are an upper, if not protected, seed in the dance.
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Guessing we debut at #8 in the AP Poll.

Comment

I think we'll play more loosely earlier in the big non-conference games without the pressure to " have to win" to bolster the resume. This plays in our favor....

Comment

Working...
                              X