***EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW SERIES---Zach Bush...Part 4***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW SERIES---Zach Bush...Part 4***

Gregg Marshall has impacted all players that have played for him throughout his many years of coaching. Zach loved his time under Marshall, although not all of it was cherries and rainbows I'm sure. This installment Zach talks about what Marshall and staff meant to him.

SHOXMVC: "What characteristics of playing for coach Marshall will you benefit you going forward? Also, talk about the impact you've received from Shocker assistant coaches?"

Zach Bush: "Playing for Coach GM challenged me a lot. I think one of the biggest takeaways from my time with him is how to work. He talks about bringing your lunch pale and hard hat every day and competing, even though some days you don't really feel like it. I'm trying to take that mindset into my new job and show up every day ready to learn. Being in an operating room now for my job is a lot like a basketball game for me. There's pressure because you have a patient laying on a table so you have to be your best, just like you have to be your best come game time. It's also nothing to be yelled at by your boss or superior when you've spent 5 years being coached HARD by coach GM ;).

The assistant coaches had a huge impact on me. If it weren't for Coach Jans, I never would have even had the opportunity I did so a huge thanks will always go out to him. GH, aka Coach Heiar, pushed me harder than I've ever been pushed before and tried to bring the most out of me by challenging me every day. Coach Linstead was always that positive reinforcement I needed to keep going and keep pushing. He may not know it but he's someone I look up to and admire a lot as a man. Coach Forbes was one of the funniest dudes I've ever been around and also a hell of a coach with a ton of basketball knowledge. IB, aka Coach Brown, is also one of the funniest guys out there with his southern accent. He was always that dude when you were having a tough day that would say something that had you laughing. He's become an amazing coach in his time here and his love for the game has worn off on me and probably doesn't even know it. Coach Smith and Okon were always trying to make our lives easier and making sure everything's going smoothly so I hope they know we appreciate that. Hope shocker fans know what an incredible staff we have and how lucky we now are to have Coach Donnie Jones, who brings such a positive energy and culture as well as enormous amount of basketball knowledge with him."

What a neat kid.

Comment

I think this interview series with Zach has been my favorite one yet.

Comment

Love this interview series. I hope it continues with other former players.

Comment

I agree with others here, truly enjoy the series and hope you keep it up! Man, reading about Coach Jans and Heiar really reinforces how much we're going to miss their coaching and teaching. Of course, 3G sure has a knack for surrounding himself with excellent coaches and teachers so I'm looking forward to watching the Gregg Marshall coaching tree grow!

Thanks for the interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
            I agree with others here, truly enjoy the series and hope you keep it up! Man, reading about Coach Jans and Heiar really reinforces how much we're going to miss their coaching and teaching. Of course, 3G sure has a knack for surrounding himself with excellent coaches and teachers so I'm looking forward to watching the Gregg Marshall coaching tree grow!

Thanks for the interviews.
            Marshall must have the same nack for assistants talent as he does for player talent.

Comment

Working...
            X