***EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW SERIES --- Zach Bush Part 1***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW SERIES --- Zach Bush Part 1***

Hi fellow SN members and followers. I have had a blast with our SN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW SERIES with media icons Mike Kennedy and Paul Suellentrop. We are going to switch gears and interview a former player. This former player is arguably the most popular walk-on in the history of WSU basketball. Zach Bush was a part of the Shocker basketball program for five years and contributed in more ways than we will ever know. I had a chance to talk to Zach recently about several topics related to Shocker basketball. I found Zach to be incredibly forthcoming and insightful in many special ways. I hope you all enjoy Zach as I have. Let's get this party started!!!

SHOXMVC: "You played in an era of arguably the best Shocker teams of all-time.* As you reflect back, what will you take away from your experiences as a Shocker player?"

Zach Bush: "I was extremely fortunate to come in at the time I did. I never ever imagined that I would be lucky enough to get to be apart of a Final 4, a number one seed in the tournament, BEATING KU, multiple other tournament wins and multiple valley championships. Looking back, I think the things that I will take with me forever are the friendships. It may sound childish or minuscule compared to all the incredible things I was able to be a part of, but hear me out. You go through some of the most physically and mentally challenging experiences of your life together as well as some of the most joyous and rewarding ones. When you go through them every day with the guys that I did, you become brothers. You spend so much time together off the court as well as on. You quickly learn what makes guys tick, what upsets them, what they like. You literally become a family. That's what I miss the most now. Just getting to spend time and do little things with guys that you love and really care about. JR is probably my best friend in the world and I wouldn't have that relationship along with countless others had I not been a Shocker. What could be better than living with your best friends and playing the game you love together?"

Man, this kid is a treasure. Despite being part of the best 5 season stretch in Shocker Basketball history, he still appreciates the friendships he made more. He will be greatly missed on our teams. What a guy.

Comment

I know exactly how he feels about friendships being developed through hard difficult times and sharing those with a group of guys. In the Corps it was called "Esprit de Corps" I know it was the best time in my life.

Comment

Working...
      X