***SHOCKERNET EXCLUSIVE Interview with Paul Suellentrop Part***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***SHOCKERNET EXCLUSIVE Interview with Paul Suellentrop Part***

Shocker fans are fortunate to have one of the finest newspaper beat writers in all of college basketball. Paul Suellentrop has covered Wichita State athletics for many years and is known for his hard work, determination and award-winning style of writing. When Paul breaks a story about Shocker athletics, you know the facts are 100% accurate. Ole' SHOXMVC had the pleasure to visit with Paul about topics around Shocker basketball. Paul's thoughts on these topics will appear over the next week or so. I hope you all enjoy Paul as I do...

SHOXMVC: "You have enhanced the economic impact of Normal, Springfield, Carbondale and Des Moines, just to name a few MVC venue cities over the years. Which new markets of the AAC are you most looking forward to and why?"

Paul Suellentrop: "My first thought is Philadelphia, because I want to tour the Palestra. Temple plays Philly opponents, not conference opponents, in that arena on Penn's campus, so I don't expect to see a game. It's one of college basketball's top gyms and I want to check it out. While the AAC cities are interesting, I'm never sure how much time I have to look around. Often I fly in late the night before the game and I'm mostly worried about finding my hotel. The day of the game is often booked by shoot-around and work, so I have yet to purchase a Disney FastPass. Let's face it: I'm old and boring and probably not much danger to close down the French Quarter before the Shockers play Tulane. Fans will benefit from the great food and sight-seeing in the new conference much more than I will. Places such as UConn, Memphis and Cincinnati are attractive, especially if those teams are doing well. I think the atmosphere in those arenas will be great for Wichita State's first visit (although the Bearcats are playing off-campus this season while their home court is renovated). My hope is the Tulsa rivalry will rev up now that the schools are in the same conference. Those games could grow into something special over the next few years."

Awesome!

Just reading this I realized I don't think I have ever seen Paul's biography posted anywhere. How long has Paul been covering the Shox? Where was he at before the Eagle?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Awesome!

Just reading this I realized I don't think I have ever seen Paul's biography posted anywhere. How long has Paul been covering the Shox? Where was he at before the Eagle?
      i don't know where he worked before the eagle, but i'm pretty certain that he is a kapaun mt. carmel graduate.. heavy into sports, even back then, from what i've heard.

Comment

I know Paul's first season on the beat was the 2005-06 school year.
        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
          I know Paul's first season on the beat was the 2005-06 school year.
          Not a bad time to being the Shocker Beat writer.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
          X