Want to be WuShock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to be WuShock?

Wichita State students wanting to be WuShock went through tryouts Tuesday. One of the biggest requirements of being WuShock besides being in good shape is ke...

WSU definitely has to be able to dance. Can't be easy, in those shoes.

Comment

For those of us out of town, is there a Wu Hall of Fame. Don't known names but maybe by year? Are there some that were ao unique that they stand out?

Comment

How many are there in any given year? What percentage in the last 10 years have been male? Female?
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
          For those of us out of town, is there a Wu Hall of Fame. Don't known names but maybe by year? Are there some that were ao unique that they stand out?
          This guy would be #1...

Dave Johnson - http://www.davejohnsonsales.com/

“Dave Johnson, he’s a gunner, Dave Johnson he’s the best, the rootinest tootinest son-of-a-gun in the whole widewest”

“1st WuShock (Wichita State ) mascot 1954/55...NIT, with the basketball team Madison Square, NY,(cheerleader) 3-6-'54....Car Business in Wichita,Ks 1959-'11 (52 years)..married 55 years. 4 sons,& wifes,19 grand kids. WOW life is GOOD...”

Dave Johnson is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Dave Johnson and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'm sorry. There were a few too many bellys trying out for WU in that video. Please pick someone who can really dance! That is imperative.

Comment

Dave Johnson is the man

This month, as Wichita State celebrates the 60th anniversary of the university’s mascot, WuShock, Dave Johnson’s contributions to the first WuShock costume will be honored.

Comment

"Unfortunately, the original WuShock doesn’t exist anymore. After WU hit a last-second shot against rival Oklahoma A&M in Stillwater, the hostile crowd went after Johnson.

The only thing left was the head."

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                  This guy would be #1...

Dave Johnson - http://www.davejohnsonsales.com/

“Dave Johnson, he’s a gunner, Dave Johnson he’s the best, the rootinest tootinest son-of-a-gun in the whole widewest”
                  If I hear that on the radio one more time, someone besides me is going to feel pain.

Does he have no one who loves him?

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                    How many are there in any given year? What percentage in the last 10 years have been male? Female?
                    There must be multiple ones. A couple of years ago, there was one that was at least 6 feet (I know because I gave a photo of him with my son, who's tall), and then I went to a business open house, and the Wu in attendance was about my height (5'7").

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                      There must be multiple ones. A couple of years ago, there was one that was at least 6 feet (I know because I gave a photo of him with my son, who's tall), and then I went to a business open house, and the Wu in attendance was about my height (5'7").
                      From a 2014 Eagles article:

So, how many WuShocks are there?
                      “We have eight suits on campus,” Rappard said. “But just like there are 20 million Santa Claus suits in America, there is only one Santa.

Comment

Working...
                      X