Fire & Ice, Thunder & Lightning, D-Assassin, 6th Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire & Ice, Thunder & Lightning, D-Assassin, 6th Man

Here's the deal and you can tell Lucille. SN sees eye to eye about the starting line-up this Season but 3G has the keys to the "playing time turnip truck." The experts are pumping us up so bright with positive sunshine, the Shocks could glow black and yellow in the dark. So are they just blowing smoke or are our beloved Shocks really going to be beyond good this Season?

Fire---So when there is smoke, there will be fire and when C. Frankamp was moved to the 2, last Season he got hot, hot hot and his confidence soared more and more. Look for this trend to develop more so this Season with Conner's laser accurate shooting. By Dance time, CF was being covered like a cheap suit by our foes who understand he Is one of the best pure shooters in the Country.

Ice--Talk of fire has to include Ice which brings LS to mind. Why? As seen at the end of the Kentucky game, this talented Freshman was making big shots that made he think he has Ice-Wata running through his veins. Let's put it this way. He had 20 points and the 2 NBA bound Kentucky guards each had 14. Dicky V. might have been humming the song "Ice, Ice Bay Bay!!!!!" His best is for sure to follow.

Thunder--We call him Shaq-Wall, the Shaq of Gibraltar, and his screens are as powerful as thunder. At the Dance, the Commentators were pointing to the importance of Shaq playing at the top of his game for the Shocks to excel to the max. IMO, Shaq played the best against the Kentucky bigs and was not the least bit intimidated by them when not plagued by foul trouble.

Lightning--Before the roar of thunder is the blaze of lightning. MM is the Shock with the motor and energy that can light our foes up like a Christmas tree. MM's come in plain or peanut which are both good for you. Likewise, MM has improved his D. to the point that when foes get tired of ZB crowding them, we put a tall and long MM on them to turn the heat up some more.

D-Assassin--Every team needs a defensive assassin such as T. Cotton to come in and fuel the offense with D-Fence. After the thunder and lightning begins, the Shocker D. led by Zach Brown will rain down mass confusion to disrupt the foes game-plan in its tracks and hold their stars to a mild roar. The Marshall Plan stresses defense which ends up one of the best in the Country often.

6th Man? That would be all of our rotation players coming off the bench and rarely get out-scored by our foes bench. This Season, I predict you could count on one hand the amount of times our bench gets outscored. Players such as Kelly, Nurger, Willis, Austin, AM, SJ, CJ and RB could start for many other Programs and will have the opportunity to start here too.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

What a thrill I got reading this and actually seeing each play in my mind.

One question I ask - is forevershockerfan a weatherman in disguise???

Love your forecast for the Shocker's future!!!
    SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
    gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

Originally posted by ShanShock View Post
      What a thrill I got reading this and actually seeing each play in my mind.

One question I ask - is forevershockerfan a weatherman in disguise???

Love your forecast for the Shocker's future!!!
      Thanks for the kind words. I'm not sure just how accurate these folk on the tube that predict the weather are. However, since I predict the Shocks to always, always win on the prediction threads, life became more grand for SN when Coach Marshall got a few Seasons under his belt, and suddenly, I became more and more accurate on predicting wins and losses on here which feels grand. It was not always this way.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
        Thanks for the kind words. I'm not sure just how accurate these folk on the tube that predict the weather are. However, since I predict the Shocks to always, always win on the prediction threads, life became more grand for SN when Coach Marshall got a few Seasons under his belt, and suddenly, I became more and more accurate on predicting wins and losses on here which feels grand. It was not always this way.
        May you always glow yellow and black!!!
        SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
        gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

This year is going to be awesome. I am excited for Shaq, Willis, and Shamet. I think we have FF potential and possibly a NC. Just like last year, our strength will be in our post. This means more of the same offense of endless ball reversals, working inside out to find open posts or shooters. Nothing made me happier last season than to put Shamet in his rightful place at PG. So this may open up a lot more PNR game, and hopefully DRIVES. If I were to give this team a weakness it would be our teams drive game and living by the three.

Comment

Only North Carolina had a better rebound margin than the Shocks last Season and they were deep in bigs. This should continue to be a strength. We were in the top 10 in the Country in 3-pt. field goal %. I'm huge on the inside first and then outside. Even so, our Shocks have some sharpshooters, so this is a strength IMO. We were around 20th in the Nation in free-throw attempts which is not chopped liver. We only committed slightly over 11 turnovers per game. With Baker and FVV gone, that stat helped us win games.

All in all, I'm thinking we could lose between 5-7 games this Season which is impressive considering our schedule is tougher. We have improved our quality depth, we have 6 Seniors, and the tripod foundation of leadership in MM, LS, and Shaq. C. Frankamp might be our most improved player but he will be on our foes 'watch list' to focus on since he is one of the best shooters in the Nation. I really hope Willis fouls less and lowers his turnovers because he can really rebound and help us. Last Season, he had the issue of being covered up and not kicking the rock back out and keeping that pivot foot down. I hope Willis improves and plays as well as Hall did his Senior Season because their Junior stats were somewhat similar. Last but not least, the Marshall Plan will strive to direct our Team Defense, led by Z. Brown to be as stingy as ever and when this occurs, we are at our very best and can win our fair share of games.

So what does it mean with more hype about us from the experts than ever before? We really need to win the early Tourney to get us cooking early on. Coach Marshall will make sure our squad is not over-confident. Look for us to be somewhere in the Top 15 all Season. We should win the AAC but Cincinnati will be as tough as nails. SMU, Houston, Connecticut, Central Florida, Temple, Memphis, and Tulsa will be in the mix and a handful as well. Will the Shocks be the road warriors we have been for around the past 7 Seasons now that we play in this much tougher Conference? While a great start is epic, the dream of all teams is to finish strong and make a big splash in March and April.

Comment

Working...
            X